Is LW division the crown jewel of MMA again?

I’d say so. MW is deep as well but LW is insane right now

Woodley = No
RDA = Lost to Khabib at LW
WB = No
Colby = All talk
Usman = Maybe
Ponzi = Hahahaha
Magny = Hahahaha
Maia = over the hillia
Robbie = best days are over
These stupid post are easy to do watch:
Khabib = maybe
Conor = over the hill
Ferguson = best days are behind him
Eddie = hahaha
Dustin = no
Lee = all talk
Barboza = no
Gjathe = best days behind him
Diaz = hahaha hahahahaha

Well according to the first article on the homepage Khabib isn’t planning on returning until November or December we won’t have a title defense for 7-8 months, so that’s great.

For fucks sake, the guy that Khabib beat and everyone knocked on for being only ranked #11 was on a 5 fight win streak with a win over Jorge Masvidal.
yeah and 4 of those wins were from over 3 years ago

For me its either the strongest or second or might be the strongest with WW. These 2 Divisions are so strong that even fighters out of the top 25 can give the top fighters a fight. In other divisions you get a 3 fight win streak and you are the undisputed contender, while at LW and WW you have to crawl and scratch to even break the top 15, if they want to feature you they will give you a ranked Opponent like a Till or Gaethje but for most its a war just to get that one fight that will get you noticed. Though even Till had to beat 3 good guys to get that Cowboy fight. Rustam Khabilov is 8-2 in the UFC and not even close to being in the top 15, in any other Division he would be top 5, and there are tons of guys like that, Gilepsie at 4-0 slowly creeping up the rankings while totally dominating his Opponents.

I would agree that LW is, most guys beside sherdoggers make up that weight in the general population so it makes sense the talent is so good.

Definitely the most competitive title picture right now

Actually it’s a bit of an abortion if you think about it.

But this is Sherdog, so.

giphy.gif

And when the fuck was it ever the crown jewel of anything ?

For notable periods in MMA history, LW division stood out for its depth of high-level fighters.

Are we back to those days?

Is LW the most stacked division in MMA right now?

Khabib, Conor, Ferguson, Kevin Lee, Poirier, Alvarez, Gaethje.

For fucks sake, the guy that Khabib beat and everyone knocked on for being only ranked #11 was on a 5 fight win streak with a win over Jorge Masvidal.

The division has so much depth that RDA & Cerrone moved up to WW for another chance to win a title. My gosh.
Don’t for get interesting guys outside of the ones you mentioned like Maribek, OAM, Teymur, Green etc.

The current LW division is at it's most boring time actually for top 15:
Khabib needs a break till December
Conor maybe comes back for Khabib in December but nobody believes that
Tony injured indefinite return
Eddie waiting for Khabib shot
Dustin waiting for Khabib shot
Lee waiting for Khabib shot
Barboza tko medical suspension should be out for awhile
Justin tko medical suspension should be out for awhile
Nate waiting for Conor 3
Chiesa face cuts, conor lawsuit probably keeps him busy
Al just had his 1st fight in a year for a huge paybump I doubt he books anything soon
Vick wants one of the guys above him here
Pettis who knows

New to the top 15
Hernandez, Felder, and Aubin are the only 3 likely to be booked anytime before Nov.

When was it anything else? You have to go back to the BJ era I think.

Back