Is "Legion" the best World of Warcraft expansion?

I think people have just forgotten what ti was like in Vanilla. They've forgotten the endless spamming dungeons to get enough resistance gear to last more than 20 seconds in raids, they've forgotten the rep grinds which were just killing the same mobs over and over for weeks, they've forgotten having to wait for 20 sec at the start of a fight for the tank to get 5 sunders, they've forgotten taking several weeks to clear a raid, and month to have them on farm, they've forgotten the 7 day long AVs, they've forgotten having to do BGs non stop, for several hours a day for several months to get the top pvp gear, they've forgotten bosses that killed guilds after spending weeks wiping on them over and over again (looking at you razorgore), they've forgotten having to go back to your main city to learn new skills every 2 levels (especially annoying as a druid), they've forgotten spending 30 minutes + to form a dungeon group and then having to walk to the dungeon only to have it split up after the first wipe, they've forgotten having to cc 2/3 mobs out of every pull to avoid wiping.
It's all back now though isn't it? last time I checked out WOW news I was reading about OFFICIAL vanilla servers. You make some great points though, and I think if anyone replaying from vanilla will soon miss all the features added in the other expansions. Even TBC is missing too many key features for me to go back, as much as I loved it.

Can't understand people that focus on the PVE and not PVP. Arena / BG's was the only reason I played.
<{monica}>

My brother watched me PVP once and was telling me how he'd be able to press the keys quicker than I could click the mouse therefore he'd be a better PVPer ... he never did battlegrounds or arena, just stood around in raids <45> I wanted to explain the differences but he wasn't trying to hear that. In PVE you know what skills you're going to need in advance and that takes all the pressure off, but in PVP you have to react quickly to the 10-50 people all trying to sodomise your butthole with a large variety of skills and builds, and for most classes that means NO standing still. Real players PVP and that's always been the way to separate the good players from the great ones (in WOW).

is there lots to do if you don't enjoy PVE content and usually ignore every PVE activity that doesn't benefit PVP in some way? I heard they completely ruined Hunters too, the only class I can play.
They changed hunters so you have to do more than just slap your dick on the keyboard now.

They changed hunters so you have to do more than just slap your dick on the keyboard now.
I'm a clicker (so couldn't strafe) and given that I used more than 50 skills I just can't see how they were ever faceroll

Last edited:
Back