Is Khabib vs Ferguson LW's version of Whittaker vs Romero?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know I consider the winner of this fight the legitimate champ since Conor hasn't defended the belt in over a year and hasn't made any claims he intends to defend the belt at all.

Khabib is 25-0 and Ferguson won 10 in a row at LW while Conor is 1-0 against Eddie Alvarez and 1-1 with Nate Diaz at "WW".

Last edited:
Yes, both got screwed. Tony has the best LW streak in history and that's not good enough for a title shot......ridiculous. Romero would have smashed Bisping if he got his shot.

Yes, both got screwed. Tony has the best LW streak in history and that's not good enough for a title shot......ridiculous
Tony has a 10 fight win streak in the UFC, which is a UFC LW record, while Khabib has a 9 fight win streak in the UFC...and is on a 25 fight win streak without a single loss. One heck of a fight for sure

just in the sense of striker vs wrestler

but very different styles of each

and romero actually knows how to throw a proper flying knee... ask weidman

I don't think that either would be an overwhelming favorite vs Conor like Romero or Whiticker would have been vs Bisping.

Bisping's reign felt like having a fake champion who refuses to fight against top contenders.

Conor feels like a guy who took the belt away from the entire division.

Tony has a 10 fight win streak in the UFC, which is a UFC LW record, while Khabib has a 9 fight win streak in the UFC...and is on a 25 fight win streak without a single loss. One heck of a fight for sure
It'll be a great fight but it's not worth screwing over Tony, let Khabib fight the winner of Tony and Conor imo. oh well what did I expect :(

Yes.

Then later this year Conor will fight a returning Genki Sudo for the real belt in his version of Bisping vs GSP.

I don't think that either would be an overwhelming favorite vs Conor like Romero or Whiticker would have been vs Bisping.

Bisping's reign felt like having a fake champion who refuses to fight against top contenders.

Conor feels like a guy who took the belt away from the entire division.

They both got the title shot without really earning it and then avoided defending against the #1 contender, forcing the #1 contenders to kill each other off instead.

Last edited:
Conor KO'd 2 #1 ranked fighters and guys on the GOAT lists in their divisions in less than a year, and is 17-1 since 2011, with that lone loss in a weight class he's never fought in that was avenged in his very next fight at that same weight class.

Stop with the bullshit narrative that Conor isn't on an amazing run like Tony or Khabib. He's beaten higher ranked fighters than both of them and achieved far more. Sorry that's inconvenient to you.

not that much.. ferguson isnt the sharp striker with the insane TDD like whittaker.. ferguson has a own style of fighting.

Interested in both fights. But Khabib has next level ground and pound. No comparison.

Ferguson is going to have difficulty with defending takedowns. He got taken down way too easy 2x by Kevin Lee, to make me think Khabib won't do it with ease.

Not exactly. Now if Urijah Faber decided to come back and beat conor for the title, then it would be almost exactly the same.

It'll be a great fight but it's not worth screwing over Tony, let Khabib fight the winner of Tony and Conor imo. oh well what did I expect :(
So Tony should sit and wait and not fight until the fall of 2018 just so he MIGHT be able to fight Conor? At 33, almost 34 years old, I don't think Tony will be sitting out a year in hopes to fight Conor. The world goes on and you fight who you can especially when you don't make any money sitting and waiting

So Tony should sit and wait and not fight until the fall of 2018 just so he MIGHT be able to fight Conor? At 33, almost 34 years old, I don't think Tony will be sitting out a year in hopes to fight Conor. The world goes on and you fight who you can especially when you don't make any money sitting and waiting
Yeah that's the problem, these guys don't even have the funds to fight against the BS. Tony has had an all time great LW run and it'll be sad to see it be all for nothing if he loses to Khabib. The UFC is just killing off all the contenders it's idiotic, I'd have no problem if Tony and Khabib refused to fight over an interim belt.

Back