IS Khabib the GOAT if he beat Ferguson and then Conor

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know that by numbers GSP and DJ are still more dominant but let you remind you that GSP and DJ don't have a perfect record as Khabib. For me personally there's nothing more beautiful than a clean record (e.g. Mayweather in boxing).

If he beats Tony and Conor, then it would be pretty hard to deny him in my opinion.

He has potential to be the LW GOAT, but i don't see Conman ever fighting him.

I also don't think a win over McGregor means much in the LW division but definitely a nice name on the resume.

131012-gsp.jpg

Well Mayweather isn't the GOAT in boxing and Khabib wouldn't be the GOAT in MMA because a perfect looking record isn't the be all and end all. GSP, DJ, Fedor, Jones, Anderson all have way more quality wins than Khabib would if he did that.

The greatest usually have losses.

Being the GOAT isn't because you're undefeated. It's because you beat the best.

Khabib isn't close to the GOAT, neither is Conor, nor is DJ.

GSP fought the best for years as a champion. Khabib would need to own LW and fight the best for as long if not longer.

GSP’s body of work is incredible and I do not see anyone other than DJ overtaking it.

imagine UFC having a 27-0 champ.. fuckin eh

Well Mayweather isn't the GOAT in boxing and Khabib wouldn't be the GOAT in MMA because a perfect looking record isn't the be all and end all. GSP, DJ, Fedor, Jones, Anderson all have way more quality wins than Khabib would if he did that.
Mayweather is most definitely the GOAT defensive boxer and arguably the GOAT boxer. He's definitely in the conversation.

Mayweather is most definitely the GOAT defensive boxer and arguably the GOAT boxer. He's definitely in the conversation.

No that's Bernard hopkims, Hopkins wanted the Mayweather fights a decade ago at 154 but Mayweather wouldn't do it, he fought two guys at 154, de la Hoya ano canelo, both had little to zero defense, Hopkins would have Mopped Mayweather up a nd gonna made him look silly, there's a reason Mayweather didn't want that fight when Hopkins was the Middle weight champion

They’re the 3 outstanding fighters in the division, so whoever comes out the best once they’ve all clashed could be a contender for LW GOAT.

No that's Bernard hopkims, Hopkins wanted the Mayweather fights a decade ago at 154 but Mayweather wouldn't do it, he fought two guys at 154, de la Hoya ano canelo, both had little to zero defense, Hopkins would have Mopped Mayweather up a nd gonna made him look silly, there's a reason Mayweather didn't want that fight when Hopkins was the Middle weight champion
Nah Hopkins is second

Beat both. Defend the belt a few times. Easily beat LW of all time if he does that. If he goes up and gets some wins then he'll be in the GOAT argument.

I know that by numbers GSP and DJ are still more dominant but let you remind you that GSP and DJ don't have a perfect record as Khabib. For me personally there's nothing more beautiful than a clean record (e.g. Mayweather in boxing).
Tony will be a good win. But defeating Conor will make everyone claim COnor was out for too long, or that he was never that good anyway (lost to DIas, etc)...

I do think it will be a great resume, but he would have to rule LW division for some time. This is not just about getting to the top. It is about staying on top for a long duration (in my opinion, of course).

He'd be, but i feel like his is to be exposed sooner or later if he keeps fighting.
Rewatched fight with Barboza, he is still sloppy on the feets and still one-dimensional though very good in it.
I am Khabib fan, but can see him lose sooner or later... though dunno who can it be yet.

No, DJ & GSP still over him. Of course DJ has to beat TJ, but even if he loses GSP resume still better.

The greatest usually have losses.

Being the GOAT isn't because you're undefeated. It's because you beat the best.

Khabib isn't close to the GOAT, neither is Conor, nor is DJ.

I understand your argument but explain how DJ is not?

Back