Is Kevin Lee the worst match up for Khabib?

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
His wrestling seems very high level, Barboza had no answer to it. Kevin was even taking down Ferguson at will, albeit tapped to Ferguson’s elite submission skills.

Could it be that this type of fighter who also has decent stand up skills would have a good shot at being Khabib?

Just because he's offensively brillante doesn't mean he'll be as good defensively, speaking of Lee
Same with Khabib though

watching them, it seems that Khabib has the better offensive wrestling, but not by much
And this fight last night I think Lee has the potential to be the better striker
They both went a 5 round fight under similar circumstances, but Lee also recovered from a massive stanky leg
so it's for sure a fight worth seeing, but more because they're so similar than it being because Lee seems to match up to any perceived weaknesses in Khabib

No I don’t think so. I think Khabib has better wrestling. And I’d put money on Lee getting KOd long before Khabib getting KOd.

Not sure of the worst match up, maybe, but one of the most interesting right now.

Khabib is better everywhere. He will wreck Kevin, it won't be competitive. Conor and Ferguson are the only two that can beat Khabib, Conor due to having supreme standup and Ferg due to having a sick bottom game and exceptional cardio. And Id still favor Khabib over both. You don't go 26-0 without having been in trouble and not losing a round unless you are something special. Khabib is special, Kevin is not.

I still think aldo is a nightmare matchup for khabib. The best take down defense weve ever seen and hes about 3 times quicker then khabib standing. Could be interesting.

at 155?

no

i still tony f is

Khabib isn't a pure wrestler. What he does can't be called wrestling. He more like incorporates some of his sambo with Judo & maximum of his takedowns comes from upper body trips that you use to to get to see in Judo.

While Kevin is a pure Freestyle & also folkstyle wrestler. His single & double legs are technically more sound than Khabib's chain wrestling. He also has moderate BJJ & definitely better at striking than Khabib. His top control is more vicious than Khabib and also can fight off his back.

IMO he is the kryptonite for Khabib.

I think someone with great TDD and top level striking is the worst match up for Khabib and not sure that is Lee...

Through 3 rounds Sherdog had

Khabib 30-25 Barboza

And

Lee 29-27 Barboza

I think Khabib vs Lee would be a technique vs athletism fight and Lee would burn out eventually from trying to purely out muscle Khabib.

I think DC is far a worse match up for Kevin Lee

No i see beeb out wrestling lee in a fight but this style of mma is just ruining it for me barboza became a punching bag for 155 i hope the rise of ortega shows strikers what kinda bjj you need these days to fight lay n prays and round robbers the cage holders and foot stompers

GnP mauler vs GnP mauler, would be fun to watch.

He's a tough matchup. With Khabib, what it takes is someone who can stop his takedowns. I could see Kevin Lee doing that, though we won't know for sure till we see the fight. Lee doesn't look great in terms of striking but he does better than Khabib. If their wrestling cancelled each other out, I'd see him winning the striking. His cardio seemed on point as well.

Madness, Lee doesn’t make weight and then proceeds to bitch out Alvarez for being ‘fat’ for not being able to make weight on a weeks notice.

Lee doesn’t deserve the fight and should just move up for the sake of his health <Lmaoo>

I feel Kevin could avoid being taken down but after a couple rounds Khabib would have tired him out and display his crap striking again.

As much as I dislike his shitbag fans I think Conor is his worse match up due to his timing and accuracy.

That being said, if Khabib takes Conor down he’s deader than dead.

Not sure of the worst match up, maybe, but one of the most interesting right now.
I think what will happen is that they’ll both shoot at the same time and knock each other cold.

If conor doesnt fight khabib. Lee should get the shot. Poirer makes weight way too often. Khabib vs lee is fitting.

Nooooo Eddie Alvarez is the best guy to beat Khabib.
I just came back home from a 150 hour long seminar with Paulie and Eddie and I am so woke right now.

Back