Is Kelvin Whittaker's worst matchup at 185 right now ?

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whittaker would have a size advantage but not a ridiculous one like guys like Rockhold and Weidman have on Kelvin.

Kelvin has better boxing than any of the other guys in the top 5 too and I don't think Whittaker would be looking to take him down like Weidman did.

both guys a serious threat to anyone in that division, going to be a good one

i dunno. they both got power but whitaker might be faster

Whittaker isn't an elite wrestler so it would be an easier fight for Gastelum than Romero or Rockhold.

no, that's this guy.. UFC champion at 2019.

borrachinha1.jpg

Paulo-Costa.png

Is Gastelum going to be one of those fighters who’s hype train reignites full speed ahead no matter how often he gets beat or looks fairly average?

Like Erick Silva..granted, Erick is still atleast 3 years away from reaching his ceiling so bumps in the road and inconsistency are expected for a blue chipper..but I see hype train similarities as in the train forgets derailment.

Whittaker dispatched Romero tho... so...

I don't know who would win the striking between them but Gastelum's biggest flaw is clear his wrestling defense. Both Weidman and Kennedy were muscling him around like a little kid.

It would be an excellent fight and I'm guessing it would stay standing.

Kelvin is a tough matchup for EVERYONE in that division. He was real close to finishing Weidman, too.

Kelvin makes him swing at air and gas then butt fucks him and there’s nothing Costa could do about it
Gastelum lost a round to Johny, they went to decision and Gastelum clearly won, but couldn't finish the washed up Johny, Costa murdered him, it was a total mismatch. Costa can take a punch different than old man Bisping and isn't Weidman, his MT is legit and he would fuck up Gastelum really bad.

Back