Is Kavanagh/SBG Ireland all gimmick?

theres tons of fighters that rep various gyms and coaches, theres loads of fighters that cross train at multiple gyms. but gunnar's primary gym is not sbg and hasnt been for several years.

one of the Molnir fighters brought Joanna Calderwood over to iceland to train, does that mean that Gunny is also a Tristar fighter?

lol comparing JoJo to SBG and the relationship and history that Gunni and SBG have.

So Gunni says he trains with SBG fighters and coaches, but you are going to say otherwise?

More like all 3 quit before they got the pink slip
Cathal quit, to become an actor, seems to be going quite well for him.

Paddy was forced to retire due to a rare blood Condition.

Aisling retired because they found an anomaly in her recent brain scan, both her and paddy are involved in running new SBG gyms in Ireland so didn't need to keep fighting for peanuts and risk their health anymore.

But as we've established, they all have winning ufc records...

Did Conor fight for them too...?

Gunnar splits his time between SBG and Molnir, he regards John Kavanagh as his head coach and as I have previously said he received all his BJJ belt except the black belt from John.

Paddy was forced to retire due to a rare blood Condition.

Aisling retired because they found an anomaly in her recent brain scan, both her and paddy are involved in running new SBG gyms in Ireland so didn't need to keep fighting for peanuts and risk their health anymore.

But as we've established, they all have winning ufc records...

Did Conor fight for them too...?

Going to call bullshit on all 3. Like I said they all quit before they got the axe

Those houses you named have had MULTIPLE strong fighters.
Connors house has...conor...who hasnt even defended his belt yet.
The house is very weak and im shocked that youd even put Winks Gym or Tristar in the same league with Conors gym.

I kind of disagree with you.
1) Conor is obviously their biggest star, but not the only champion they have.
Luka Jelčić - Final Fight Championship (Lightweight Champion: 2016)
John Phillips - BAMMA (Middleweight Champion: 2016)
Frans Mlambo - IMMAF World Championships (Featherweight Champion: 2015)
Cathal Pendred - Cage Warriors Fighting Championship (Welterweight Champion: 2013)

They also have about 10 guys with the UFC.
Conor McGregor obviously
Artem Lobov who just main evented and had a FotN with Cub Swanson
Gunnar Nelson who just main evented for the UFC.

They also have several more guys that are signed with Bellator.
All in all, it is a very respectable stable of fighters.

And while it is not a Greg&Wink type of gym yet, let us not shit on them for that.
Most gyms in US are not that big either.

they kind of remind me of Nova Uniao.
They had ALdo.
Then Barao
then Junior joined them (much later).

and now, who do they have that is at the top?
exactly!

As I said, they all had their top and their bottom. Conor will fall at some point. But more will rise.

I seriously have a hard time understanding why such a hate for them.
IMHO it is a breath of fresh air. New gyms opening up and becoming a top gym, bringing a lot of new names....
...what do you want? Always the same people from the same gym time and again???

lighten up! Change is good!

Last edited:
heck, even Edmond was a genius while Ronda was beating up girls and collecting arms....
And if she'd rebound, he would probably be back at the top...
I don't remember anyone accusing Edmond of being a genius, except Joe Rogan maybe. Everyone else just commented on how bad Rousey's boxing was.

They need to put Ido on the permanent payroll to really reach the ultimate goal. Until then, it's all touch butt in the park.

giphy.gif

Why is there even an expectation that SBG should be producing elite talent? They are in a country with a population of 4 million, with a huge housing problem, huge heroin problem and not the best genetic makeup for sports. They are never going to be ATT or Jackson-Wink.

The US has 80 times the population of Ireland. Ireland has 4 million people. Of course those other gyms are going to produce more talent. There are some really stupid motherfuckers on this site. It's fucking uncanny really.

I don't remember anyone accusing Edmond of being a genius, except Joe Rogan maybe. Everyone else just commented on how bad Rousey's boxing was.
no one ever said he was terrible either... how would they?
She was winning and convincingly.

he quit primarily to open his salad bar, thats his business and regular income.

the acting thing hes been doing for ages but its only just taken off

The US has 80 times the population of Ireland. Ireland has 4 million people. Of course those other gyms are going to produce more talent. There are some really stupid motherfuckers on this site. It's fucking uncanny really.

You should reserve your comments to the SBG shills that were saying Kavanagh and SBG were the next big thing and going to revolutionize striking in MMA

Well since you calling bullshit is worth about fuck all, go ahead.

All 3 of those fighters retire, 2 by illness or disease, what are the chances of that happening? and they only have a "winning" record is because they were spoon fed great match ups. Cathal had a gift decision too, didn't he?

Back