Is kavanagh guilty?

Yonny

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Of formulating a proper game plan against khabib or should the blame be placed solely on Conor’s shoulders? That was the worst I have seen someone dominated since the summer of 1982.

Last edited:
A bit of both to be fair, I mean I heard Kavanagh tell Conor not to push or move forward or something along those lines, then Conor got up and just did what he wanted.

Game plan or not. Conor didn't have the TDD to stop Khabib.

Conor has shit wrestling, Khabib has great wrestling and solid cardio

It's like Rumble vs Cormier. Either Rumble gets the KO or loses.

Man. I dont blame him at all. Its one tbing to train against khabib and they obviously had him prepared. Hes never gonna be able to best him grappling,and any who has fought khabib before ended up the same way.

How can you really game plan when step one was 'We know you're going to get taken down, when you do just hope that he gets tired before you get beat up..'

I think a coach should know whether his fighters are on juice. He should blow the whistle if he knows something about McGregor. He is guilty if McGregor is really on steroids

Conor is at a level that Kavanagh is of no use. Kavanagh should be back at Cage warriors or Bamma, or whatever else B level show he can find.

UFC is to big for him and Roddy.

Of formulating a proper game plan against khabib or should the blame be placed solely on Conor’s shoulders? That was the worst I seen someone dominated since the summer of 1982.
I see what you did there!
However, Im not sure any of the knuckeheads responding understand the word play.
10/10 for being intellectually savvy

Im not even sure that Conor listen to him.
And I'm pretty sure too that Conor alaways want to be the best in the gym so good luck finding someone competent to help his wrestling

How can you really game plan when step one was 'We know you're going to get taken down, when you do just hope that he gets tired before you get beat up..'
Very true. Honestly if kavanaugh took a lie detector test I am not sure he would pass...if he was asked would Conor beat Khabib.

I see what you did there!
However, Im not sure any of the knuckeheads responding understand the word play.
10/10 for being intellectually savvy

this. sad af it took THIS many posts before someone said something lol

+1 TS

Kavanagh took credit on JRE for taking too defensive of an approach to the grappling and not working on the striking enough.

For whatever that's worth.

Would the rematch go differently if those things were worked on? Nah, probably not.

EDIT** grammar/spelling. weed is a hell of a drug sometimes.

Last edited:
Kavanagh is a subpar coach... only good fighter he has is Conor which is due to his own talent.

Doesn't matter anyway, because Khabib is the superior fighter regardless of Conor's coach.

The blame lies sorely on Conor's shoulders for refusing to branch out to other coaches/gyms/training partners to actually improve as a fighter.

All this nonsense about loyalty is complete bollocks. Conor stuck with SBG because he's an emotionally insecure, mentally fragile narcissist who can't handle any criticism or any sort of training environment in which he isn't constantly fluffed up in. His loss was far too lopsided to blame poor strategy on.

A bit of both to be fair, I mean I heard Kavanagh tell Conor not to push or move forward or something along those lines, then Conor got up and just did what he wanted.
i noticed that as well. look like conor wasnt listening. dude looked like he was fkin around in there tbh then realize oh shit khabib is good but im out of gas...what do i do?

The worst domination since '82? Do you even UFC, bro?

This blame is on Conor. Coaches can't make athletes perform. He was well prepared. However I do remember Kav saying on Rogan that the plan was to tire Khabib out and pop him in the later rounds...which is just retarded. Like Conor would last longer cardio wise than a mountain man?
Conor should've gone 100% at him from the opening bell and swing for the fences. I bet he won't do the same thing if they fight again.

Of formulating a proper game plan against khabib or should the blame be placed solely on Conor’s shoulders? That was the worst I have seen someone dominated since the summer of 1982.

You must not watch a lot of fights then... within the past month alone we've seen a more dominant championship fight with Tyron VS Till where the challenger didn't even land a single significant strike.

I believed both of them, but his temperament isnt suitable for the court.

Back