Is Joseph Parker excellent value at $7.00 for the win?

yeah decent but the politics are stacked against him, not likely to get a decision and the ref is gonna stop the fight at the sight of blood on parker.

Safe bet is over 7.5 rounds, for $2.20. And then also bet on the distance for $4.50. AJ by decision is good odds. I loaded up on the fight over 7.5
I like the over too at +money. Well I don't really LIKE anything but if I'm playing this, I'm taking the +money. Parker has shown hes' pretty durable but AJ is another type of animal. We know AJ can take a shot, and Takam as able to take one to Dec and the other late as well, probably could've lasted even longer, the AJ fight was stopped prematurely, iirc. Parker has been to 3 straight 12rd Dec's as well. So yeah give me the +money on the over for a small bet.

The odds of Parker stopping Joshua are very very low. If he doesn’t stop Joshua he isn’t winning.

Even as an Englishman its difficult for me to disagree. How Joshua was up going in to the 11th against Wlad is a fckin mystery, or a disgrace?

They're big lads so there's always the chance he lands one but six-to-one (is that right? I can't do American odds) to win is only worth a tenner imo.

He just seems so basic that Joshua can just stand off behind the jab & wear him down from range & he's not defensive enough to think he can take more than Takam.

If he was 6-1 to last six rounds I'd take that but I've not seen Parker move anyone decent with something big to think he's got a real chance at a knockout & as Johnny_Ninja said he's not winning on points.

I won’t say Parker will beat Joshua, but he does have some advantages here. I’d say speed, stamina and chin favor Parker. Parker needs to move and use lateral movement. Be quick with his combinations and get in and on on angles, also work Joshua’s body. Whyte hurt Joshua so I’d say Parker can too, plus Parker is one of the best at HW putting together combinations. Who knows though, the big stage may get to him and he makes a mistake and gets clocked or nerves take away his movement. If that happens and he lets Joshua find the range with the jab and line him up, it could be a short night.

Im a kiwi so you might say im biased towards Parker but I would put some money down on those odds this is a pickem fight for me.
Parker has the speed the durability the ability to put good combinations together and he has supreme confidence in himself.
If people want to inflate the odds because they are overly impressed by Joshuas big muscles fine by me.

Parker needs to jab and move for 12 rounds. Get AJ swinging and missing, tired and frustrated. Hes not outfighting AJ and AJ is going to try to make him trade. I like Parkers combos but thats not a game hes likely to win vs AJ.

Parker has some skills, and hte odds are a little too slanted, so give it a shot. But don't expect him to win; AJ is heavily favored for a reason.

That line is clearly set for some action. Everybody must be putting fat stacks on Joshua. I would say they’re good odds, but joushua is going to brutalize him. Stay away.

How would you translate for example if someone is say -800? Would you have to bet 800 to get 900 or
-800 is 1:8 so you bet 8 to win 1 profit totalling 9 return.

L = profit : stake = R
1 : 8

i find britains way easiest (dunno where else it is used) but then ive grown up gambling with it so would, i guess.

Wouldn't touch Parker in this one, he's getting sparked.

Even as an Englishman its difficult for me to disagree. How Joshua was up going in to the 11th against Wlad is a fckin mystery, or a disgrace?

Don Trella had Joshua 3 rounds up, which is almost impossible.
I had Wlad 2 rounds up.

The stoppage was early too.
In the ending flurry, Joshua threw 15 punches and not a single one landed.
He was gassed and hitting arms and gloves.
His punches had no speed or power on them.
Wlad was defending intelligently - stepping backwards, slipping punches and leaning out of the ropes with his guard up.
There was only 35 seconds to go in the round.
Joshua was expending a ton of energy and would've been absolutely exhausted for the final stretch of the round and the entire rest of the fight.
Given the context of the fight, it should have been allowed to continue.
The Takam fight was also stopped prematurely.

Here's the ending flurry...

Last edited:
I had Wlad 2 rounds up.

In the ending flurry, Joshua was gassed and hitting arms and gloves.
Wlad was defending intelligently.
The exact same thing happened in the Takam fight

i dont remember wlad ever contesting the stoppage. the only complaint he made was that he shouldve went for the ko in 6th and 7th but vitali told him to take histime, the muscles of joshua would led to him gassing out

Joshua is longer and more accurate than Parker, but Parker might have a slightly higher hand-speed, output and stamina.
Parker doesn't have the power to knock Joshua out and can't win a decision in the UK.
This should be fairly routine for Joshua - especially if he comes in under 250 lbs.
Having said that - we're overdue a hype-train derailment and anything can happen at heavyweight.

Last edited:
Parker barely squeaked through in all of his fights vs decent composition, e.g. vs Takam, Fury and Andy Ruiz, hard to see him not getting beat up tbh

parker had surgeries on both his elbows in december.

I had Wlad 2 rounds up.

In the ending flurry, Joshua threw 15 punches and not a single one landed.
He was gassed and hitting arms and gloves.
Wlad was defending intelligently.
Joshua was expending a ton of energy and would've been absolutely exhausted for the final stretch of the round and the entire rest of the fight.
The Takam fight was also stopped prematurely.

You're totally omitting that AJ floored Wlad twice before the stoppage in the same round and Wlad looked absolutely out on his feet. You can't put the final stoppage into it's proper context without those two heavy knockdowns. And the final flurry that stopped him was a result of a heavy shot that rocked back Wlads head. You could say it was a tiny bit premature but he was on his way out no doubt. As for intelligent defence, his defence was flailing his arms around in desperation, and he seriously looked out of it. It worked somewhat but like I said one heavy shot got through. The ref has to look out for the fighter and even in a 12 round championship fight Wlad looked like he was going to get seriously hurt.

The Takam fight I agree was premature.

Last edited:
Parker looks like he has come over to serve at a hipster bar/restaurant.

It's his big payday and fair enough to him and his alcoholic promoter, they have drummed up enough interest to mean that he wont have to take the sport seriously after this fight as they will make a LOT of cash.

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts though

How'd you all go? what bets did you guys end up taking? I stuck with my pick in this post which was the over 7.5 rounds at $2.20 which i got weeks ago before it dropped to 1.80 and i had to go the distance as a leg in my multi bet, now just need to michael chiesa to win in the ufc next week for that bet to pay out

Back