Is Jose Aldo the most prestigious win in MMA?

How can it not be Jon Jones? No one has beaten the guy besides Hamils BS win.

You could have argued Also MAYBE before Connor wrecked him and his legacy.

Exactly, he's never been beaten. This is about guys who eventually got beat.

It was Aldo's second loss, so I think Jone's win over DC is a better win. They were both in their prime and he's still the only one to beat DC.

DC is not anywhere near as prestigious a win as Aldo. DC has never been the undisputed best in his weight class for a decade. His best wins are Gus and AJ. Everyone else he fought were slow and fat heavyweights. He got a LHW title shot off of Hendo and Pat. He's never been the undisputed champ of a weight class.

I think when Werdum beat Fedor, that was the most prestigious win

But that was like a Beatles moment, in the sense that it can't really be repeated

I think even if DC beats Jones in the rematch, it will be huge, but not as huge as when Fedor had his first legit loss

I think so. That is a win over a legend. The guy is still a contender and can get the belt back with a blink of an eye.

I would rank the most prestigious wins as Weidman over Silva, Werdum over Fedor, and Serra over GSP.

I think when Werdum beat Fedor, that was the most prestigious win

But that was like a Beatles moment, in the sense that it can't really be repeated

I think even if DC beats Jones in the rematch, it will be huge, but not as huge as when Fedor had his first legit loss
I agree, except the fact that we all knew Werdum was better on the ground, and Fedor jumped BACK into his guard. While Weidman had a sick top game and we knew Silva's weakness on the ground, no way in hell Silva should have been KO'd on the feet.

Back