Is Jon Jones staying silent a good or bad move?

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
I think it shows guilt...let's say you knew 100% you were innocent and you were JJ...wouldn't you be going a bit hysterical on social media right about now or at least release a statement?

What can he say at this point no one will believe anything he says. Makes no difference

Donald Sterling was advised to stay silent while the world burned around him when his racist tape came out, he later said it was a horrible decision.

His silence isn't admission of anything

If he was hysterically tweeting about it and getting emotional another group of people (or even the same) would probably say that is a sign of guilt.

"He should have stayed quiet and calm if he's innocent, why is he so emotional? Because he know he's guilty"

His emotion and "fake tears" was his admission of guilt last time.

Some Ronda Rousey shit right there

Donald Sterling was advised to stay silent while the world burned around him when his racist tape came out, he later said it was a horrible decision.
Poor guy only has $3.5B to comfort him.

Fighters take a lot of supplements/vitamins/etc, I think they can never be 100% sure nothing strange happened

Last edited:
I think it shows guilt...let's say you knew 100% you were innocent and you were JJ...wouldn't you be going a bit hysterical on social media right about now or at least release a statement?
The Fif' can be a smart play when there's a Lynch mob waiting outside your door

There is nothing to say. At this point guilty or innocent(or as near as innocent as he can be) saying nothing is the best option for him.

Attorney probably told him to shut up.

Innocent people talk themselves into charges.

His emotion and "fake tears" was his admission of guilt last time.
And his silence was his admission when he car crashed that pregnant woman.
I just think someone on this team advised him to stfu and let the professionals handle this, and if that's the case it's likely the best advice he could receive right now.

He should just post a video of him mock-DC-crying.
<DCrying>
<JonesDXSuckIt>

The only sign anyone is going to need of a his guilt is a dirty result of the B sample test. The only sign of his innocence that will realistically help him at this point is a clean result of the B sample test.

My advice: wait for the results of the B sample test. If you are worried about getting bored while waiting make some funny memes abut Jones being a crackhead.

Fighters take a lot of suplements/vitamins/etc, I think they can never be 100% sure nothing strange happened
This is more or less how he dodged an extra year's worth of suspension previously. I don't think the same argument will fly this time.

Poor guy only has $3.5B to comfort him.
If money worked the way you're describing it, Sterling never would've been crying to his girlfriend about what his friends say to him on the phone about her instagram in the first place. Nor would he have been desperately doing interviews trying to salvage his reputation. Money can't replace dignity, and money can actually make you depressed if it stops you from having goals to chase.

Back