Is Jon Jones allowed to fight in Rizin?

UFC contract aside... Once Bones does something like fighting in MMA outside of the athletic commissions reach, he will likely be banned further for not respecting their decisions. The UFC will fully support the athletic commissions, so there's really no way around it.

He is however allowed to compete in grappling tournaments n stuff... so that would be his avenue to compete.

But yeah, UFC contract wouldn't allow Bones to fight MMA for someone else. Not sure how many fights Jones is signed for atm... but I haven't heard any chatter about him being toward the end of his contract.

Even if his "legacy" is tainted now, most casuals won't care.

I am a hardcore and couldnt care less about someone failing a test, i follow this circus of a sport because of the drama and subsequent asskickings not becauese whatever the test results say. Back in the days there wasnt any drug tasting, no weightclasses and no rules.

The UFC would probably sue him for breach of contract. Maybe he should just move to Asia and ignore US courts. He has to do something he's going lose 4 years of his career

Yes, he's going to quit his country and never return just to fight King Mo and Ishii in an org that averages three cards a year.

Back