Is Jon Jones a sociopath?

i'm not but didn't you know sherdog is filled with PHD psychologists and psychiatrists

that isn't up for debate its a fact

Sociopaths don’t go to see psychologists and psychiatrists. They don’t think anything is wrong with themselves and don’t admit things about themselves.

Being a dick or breaking rules doesn't make one a sociopath.
that's pretty much what I was getting at. was asking if he is just a DBAG, or a legit ASPD

I think what we are looking for here are consistent patterns of behavior that in the end become a detriment to his ability to live well.

I'd say he is. It's clearly at a level where it's fucking up his life and career.

giphy.webp

that's pretty much what I was getting at. was asking if he is just a DBAG, or a legit ASPD
Well... sports are part of life for the people involved... does eyepoking cross the line? Perhaps. The steroids? Being manipulative to save face after being caught?
The humble act was also manipulative.

The level of vitriol he spewed at detractors (whose comments were of varying levels of intensity)...

His behavior in sports was arguably beyond being a dbag.

Also, his multiple problems with the law displayed both a lack of consideration f potential negative consequences (as did the steroid use), and a disregard for the safety of others.

Plus, didn't he supposedly used to beat people up a bunch back in college? Or was it all supposed to be self-defense?

If you notices, before the list of criteria/symptoms, it says "may include".
He doesn't need to meet every bullet point.
It actually is something closer to 5 or 6 (haven't looked in a DSM V for awhile, so can't recall).

Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.

Individuals with antisocial personality disorder often violate the law, becoming criminals. They may lie, behave violently or impulsively, and have problems with drug and alcohol use. Because of these characteristics, people with this disorder typically can't fulfill responsibilities related to family, work or school.

Symptoms
Antisocial personality disorder signs and symptoms may include:

• Disregard for right and wrong
  • Persistent lying or deceit to exploit others
  • Being callous, cynical and disrespectful of others
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or personal pleasure
  • Arrogance, a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated
  • Recurring problems with the law, including criminal behavior
  • Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty
  • Impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead
  • Hostility, significant irritability, agitation, aggression or violence
  • Lack of empathy for others and lack of remorse about harming others
  • Unnecessary risk-taking or dangerous behavior with no regard for the safety of self or others
  • Poor or abusive relationships
  • Failure to consider the negative consequences of behavior or learn from them
  • Being consistently irresponsible and repeatedly failing to fulfill work or financial obligations

I don't think so, but realised I almost married a sociopath!

The way he used to go on in the early days about being a faithful do gooding weed hating christian preachers son in front if the camera while snorting cocaine and dick pills backstage was pretty disgusting

It could've been all true until he found out how great cocaine was. Certain drugs can cause instant addiction after just one use.

It could've been all true until he found out how great cocaine was. Certain drugs can cause instant addiction after just one use.

I blame the athletic commisions for banning cocaine.

RIP GOAT.

I thought about a PM over it but decided fuck it, people need to grow up if they think this is funny etc. Yeah I have a step daughter that's a sociopath and a narcissist to boot. I'm a patient guy and understand how teenagers can be, but this shit is not normal at all. She has no remorse for anything evil or hurtful she does. I mean not ever in any instance. She throws fits like a 2 year old and tries to manipulate everyone around her to get her way. She cares about no one but herself at all times. Does not apologize, doesn't try to do right. I thought it was a brat phase for a while, but around a year ago I came to the conclusion I might as well be dealing with a soulless demon. She will do things to make her mom cry and think it's OK. She has always been treated well, bought good things, etc.

I've never known anyone so cold and callous in my life. I'm probably an idiot for staying in this mess, but can't abandon my own biological daughter. I'm a guy, so you know I wouldn't get full custody by default and I don't want her without a dad.
Has she received treatment? Results vary, but it's at least worth a shot.
Trying to keep her away from a negative peer group is pretty important as well as it's gasoline on a fire. Good luck. Hafe to say it, but other people's bio children can seem to be impossible sometimes, in extreme situations.

He's just an explosive male athlete. Pretty much the same behavior is seen with many NBA and nfl athletes.

Has she received treatment? Results vary, but it's at least worth a shot.
Trying to keep her away from a negative peer group is pretty important as well as it's gasoline on a fire. Good luck. Hafe to say it, but other people's bio children can seem to be impossible sometimes, in extreme situations.
That's is for the concern. Yeah we tried treatment. The kid has no remorse for anything. No meds or counseling have been able to help. It sucks but life throws challenges at us

I think we all can be diagnosed as sociopaths, if you twist the facts hard enough.

Or mabye it´s just me...
No.

All could be described as having some of the traits. Same with narcissism, but the point of the diagnosis is that the symptoms go beyond a normal range and negatively impact the person's functioning...
A true sociopath is a ted bundy, jeffrey dahmer...john wayne gacy...not some dude who got into a car accident...or some dude that enjoys drinking and doing some occasional drugs...making bad choices, doesn't make someone a sociopath...makes them stupid at times...but most people make mistakes...that's what jon did...
They would likely fall into the psychopath category... being a serial killer is not a requirement to being a sociopath, antisocial, and/or psychopath.

That's is for the concern. Yeah we tried treatment. The kid has no remorse for anything. No meds or counseling have been able to help. It sucks but life throws challenges at us
Somehow my response wasn't included the last post I sent...
Some say therapy doesn't work for sociopaths. But... from what I was taught, Multisystemic Therapy is the gold standard of treatment for youth with anti-social traits.

Pro-social activities and peers don't hurt either.
Also, some clinicians are better than others for different clients and issues. Maybe a "hope for the best - prepare for the worst" situation, unfortunately.
Good luck.

Long term cocaine use accounts for everything he does.

Yes he is, just look at the hit and run! He has no remorse for others because he can't relate to their sufferings. Plus, his deliberate eye pokes just goes to prove his intentions in front of the referee, so you can imagine what he would do if there was none. He lies with a straight face also=criminal behavior indeed, lock him up!!!

Back