Is Jon Goat if we assume everyone is using?

UFCFreak89

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Let's assume Nate is right and everybody is on some sort of PED, let's also assume that everyone prior to USADA was too, simply due to the fact that it was infinitely easier to pass tests, or fight in Japan and not get tested at all.

Do you rate Jon above Fedor/GSP/MM/Anderson/Cain before his shoulder, etc?

If not, would you care to explain how you come to the conclusion. Please stay on topic by humouring me and assuming everyone has cheated at some point due to flawed testing etc.

They aren’t.

So, fuck that bullshit.

c34a264e6a7f3856087dcc78108bbeef--mma-training-combat-sports.jpg

Jon is the GOAT, he dominated the best when PEDs were the standard, he beat TRT Vitor for god's sake.
Now the USADA is here, yeah it's more difficult to cheat and maybe some guys stopped using but there are stil tons of fighters that juice.

I suppose if you did some crazy mental gymnastics you could pretend Jon was still a GOAT.

Sure! And if 'we assume' grandma had balls, she be grandpa. But, she doesn't so she isn't, just like everyone isn't doping, so Jones isn't goat.

I personnaly believe that they all are also.

I study in health science and also have a degree in criminal justice which we had some classes about drugs in sports.

The way these guy train right now is not humanly possible without a little help. The margin between the best is so thin that these guys dont have a choice. They need to train more, recuperate faster and have less injuries (at least, heal up faster). Guess what peds do.

Some of them might be clean but they're not in the top or will not stay long. A lot of fighters I know personally from training with (up and comers) are on them and they're not in the ufc.

Not just fighters, athlete in general but some of them are juiced to the grills and some of them are on the thin line of what's legal/illegal.

Dunno, it's hard to compare different weightclasses, across history. He's certainly the GOAT LHW, that can pretty much not be disputed.

Would Jones beat prime Fedor? Probably. Would he beat prime Cain? Dunno.

Lets not assume that at all.

Instead lets assume that everyone who has failed a test repeatedly is a cheating prick & so no longer gets to be included in a sentence that also involves GOAT. Lets assume that everything Jones has achieved in MMA is down to PEDs because he's an insecure cheating prick.

But if you want to play this game I'd still put GSP, Fedor & Anderson above Jones in any discussion.

Fedor , Gsp or Stipe. Jones is the GOAT waste of talent.

Jones is great, but LHW hasnt yet adapted to his size as a division....

When more guys come in and fit the new physical blueprint for LHW, we will see how good Jones really is.....

Alot of his bodylock takedowns and throws are effective because his opponents legs to be shorter than his. Not to mention that his striking game is also effective due to a reach advantage....

They aren’t.

So, fuck that bullshit.

c34a264e6a7f3856087dcc78108bbeef--mma-training-combat-sports.jpg

Those that have been around weight lifting and bodybuilding for years, will all tell you the same thing...that is not a natural body...the muscle size and leanness is simply not possible to achieve naturally...plus there is a certain look to the jaw and face that also gives it away..but that's more subtle..

Its close i feel like jones passed gsp then gsp won the mw belt to keep himself in the discussion

Back