Lawler
Rory
Woodley
Maia
Wonderboy
Kos
Hughes
Condit

Not in that order, and there probably more that than replace these names before Fitch. Fitch's biggest accomplishment is the ass whooping he got from GSP.
Shields has beaten Condit, Woodley, Lawler, Maia, and bonus Hendo at MW. How is he not not in your list but Hendricks is?

GSP
Hendricks
Lawler
Rory
Woodley
Maia
Wonderboy
Kos
Hughes
Condit

Not in that order, and there probably more that than replace these names before Fitch. Fitch's biggest accomplishment is the ass whooping he got from GSP.
Shields has beaten Condit, Woodley, Lawler, Maia, and bonus Hendo at MW. How is he not not in your list but Hendricks is?

I'd say he's top 10 but definitely around the bottom.

1 GSP
2 Hughes
3 woodly
4 miletick
5 Robbie
Easy top 5 WW all reigning defending UFC champions

6. Shields
7. Thompson
8. Rory
9. Finch
10. Hendricks, Although Lima could be here with a big win this weekend.

Last edited:
I would take the best Fitch vs the best Wonderboy, Maia and Kos, When he was on he was the next best WW to GSP in his day!
I am not so sure he doesn't beat Condit also who usually gets beat by the best wrestlers.

Fitch was a bit boring for sure, but he was a tough out in his day!

Please tell us about all those top fighters that Fitch beat.

He was the next best thing to GSP because that division was dogshit before the Strikeforce/WEC merger

No Nick & Nate Diaz

No Anderson

No Shields

No BJ

No Punk

Your list looks like it was written by CNN.

Edit.

Forgot greatest WW goat, Conor.

Hard to say. If not for GSP, Fitch probably would have been the champ at 170 for several years. He was the 2nd best WW in the UFC for a long time. When Fitch and Kos were training partners at AKA, they were at their best. I think splitting up hurt, father time hurt and he got sideways with Dana and the UFC over fighter compensation and particularly over the rights to their name and likeness. In addition, Fitch was not an exciting fighter, which doesn't help his legacy.

Last edited:
No Nick & Nate Diaz

No Anderson

No Shields

No BJ

No Punk

Your list looks like it was written by CNN.

Edit.

Forgot greatest WW goat, Conor.
Nate Diaz and Conor did nothing of note at 170. That is a joke. Anderson Silva's prime portion of his career was at 185. BJ Penn's prime was at 155, but maybe did enough to break into the Top 10 at 170.

Fitch got the UFC treatment in the rankings. He was never the #2WW. He benefited from never having to fight top 10 fighters.

Nate Diaz and Conor did nothing of note at 170. That is a joke. Anderson Silva's prime portion of his career was at 185. BJ Penn's prime was at 155, but maybe did enough to break into the Top 10 at 170.
BJ is 2-5-1 at WW. He's a top 5 155er all time but not at WW.

Absolutely. People don't like to talk about his greatness because he is a "boring" fighter but he definitely belongs.

GSP/Hughes are the clear #1 and #2

next you can group in Woodley/Lawler/Condit at 3-5

Miletich/Fitch/Sakurai at 6-8

Shields at 9.

Even though he won't be here much longer I will put Hendricks at 10 still because he actually won the title and should have won that fight against GSP. MacDonald and Thompson are hot on his tail though.

Should have been
Hey, he scored a 10-8 round and showed better cardio. At a time he was a constant number two. I like his grinding style while many revile him for it. He is one of the early true grits of the sport.

I dont know if he is an all time top ten fighter though

BJ is 2-5-1 at WW. He's a top 5 155er all time but not at WW.
Your point is certainly valid. However, many of those losses were later in his career when Penn was clearly not in his prime.

Consider this, BJ finished Hughes for the WW title in his first UFC WW match. Then BJ left the UFC and gave up the WW belt. Eventually came back and almost beat GSP in WW title eliminator fight in 2006. BJ Penn won 2 out 3 vs. Hughes although the 3rd was not really relevant since both were past their prime. For us old guys who saw Penn in his prime, we understand the talent and shook our heads at his not being more disciplined in order to have a legacy comparable to GSP, Anderson Silva or Jon Jones. Penn was truly an amazing fighter in his era and I was not a Penn fan. I was a GSP fan, so I rooted for GSP big time in their two fights. Hard not to respect Penn's talent at his prime. His comments, lack of discipline and pissing and moaning when things didn't go his way were turn-offs for me.

Back