Is joanna champion actually the pound 4 pound?

P4p rankings are a way to determine who would win if the relative fighters were the same size. P4p takes weight out of the equation, not gender.

Saying that Jedi is p4p better than DJ is saying that if Jedi was a natural 125er, with the corresponding proportionate size, strength, punching power etc, then she would defeat DJ. That is ridiculous. She would still be a very skilled 125 pound woman fighting a very skilled 125 pound man. DJ would win easily.

You just don't get it. At one time 135er Rousey was ranked high in the p4p rankings but she would not have beaten anyone in the men's 135 division. That was a ridiculous ranking. When discussing fighters who are in the same weight class there is no "p4p" because the weight is already equal. That is why it does not make sense to rank men and women on the same p4p list. The women deserve their own list.

Jedi is clearly the #1 p4p female fighter in the world IMO. Why do you feel the need to compare her to men when men have such an obvious physical advantage due to simple biology?

And I do not understand why you think that it is sexist to state that men have a huge physical advantage over women in MMA or most athletics for that matter. Why exactly do you think there are separate divisions for the men and women? In the Olympics men and women compete in many of the same events, only separately. Look at the results of men and women who compete in the same events (i.e. track, swimming, power lifting etc.) and tell me who has the better scores.

Are you really not getting this?
See, when you break it down like that it makes it clear and simple as to why JJ deserves to be higher up in the p4p rankings. So what reasons do you have as to why you think DJ deserves to be higher. Gadelha, KK, and Esparza are twice as good as anyone DJ has ever faced.

See, when you break it down like that it makes it clear and simple as to why JJ deserves to be higher up in the p4p rankings. So what reasons do you have as to why you think DJ deserves to be higher. Gadelha, KK, and Esparza are twice as good as anyone DJ has ever faced.
I am done with this. You do not understand what p4p is and apparently you never will. I cannot make a blind man see and I am tired of going in circles.

I will leave you with this. It is very probable that Jedi will move to 125 after she breaks Rousey's record. She has said as much. She competed at 125 before joining the UFC. She only dropped to 115 because the UFC did not have a 125 lb division, much like DJ only fought at 135 because the UFC/WEC did not have a 125 lb division.

So at that point Jedi and DJ will be fighting in the same weight class. If they then fought who would win? Are you capable of giving a straight answer to that question?

I am done with this. You do not understand what p4p is and apparently you never will. I cannot make a blind man see and I am tired of going in circles.

I will leave you with this. It is very probable that Jedi will move to 125 after she breaks Rousey's record. She has said as much. She competed at 125 before joining the UFC. She only dropped to 115 because the UFC did not have a 125 lb division, much like DJ only fought at 135 because the UFC/WEC did not have a 125 lb division.

So at that point Jedi and DJ will be fighting in the same weight class. If they then fought who would win? Are you capable of giving a straight answer to that question?
If JJ bulked up properly, I think she could take a UD. If she could stop the takedowns, which she has shown to have great tdd, then I think she pieces him up on the feet. I would take JJ, though not extremely confidently.

If JJ bulked up properly, I think she could take a UD. If she could stop the takedowns, which she has shown to have great tdd, then I think she pieces him up on the feet. I would take JJ, though not extremely confidently.

DJ vs Jedi would not even be remotely competitive. The physical advantage that DJ has would be insurmountable. Again, there is a very good reason that women have their own divisions. But thank you for at least giving me a straight answer. I'm done here.

DJ vs Jedi would not even be remotely competitive. The physical advantage that DJ has would be insurmountable. Again, there is a very good reason that women have their own divisions. But thank you for at least giving me a straight answer. I'm done here.
I can’t beleive I had you going for so long, wtf man. It went on for so long, that I started actually believing in my own nonsense.

I can’t beleive I had you going for so long, wtf man. It went on for so long, that I started actually believing in my own nonsense.
giphy.gif

Back