Is joanna champion actually the pound 4 pound?

Womens can not implement the top level of mechanical movement so they are irrelevant. Level of competition Joanna (and other girls) fought is comical

WMMA isn't professional MMA

How it isn't professional when they get paid like guys?

The women's strawweight division is even weaker than flyweight

She gets a hematoma on her forehead every fight, so no. #1 P4P in WMMA but nowhere on the overall P4P list. Too much damage taken for her style to be viable in higher weight classes. Kind of like the boxer Roman Gonzalez.

Love Joanna but to me, P4P also means well rounded. She's just a striker. A very good one but seems fairly one dimensional.

I think you need to be a complete fighter with wrestling, BJJ, submissions as well as striking and KOs under your belt to be P4P.

Karolina, Gadelha, and Esparza are twice as good as anyone DJ has ever fought.
Twice as good as Benavidez, Cejudo and Horiguchi? Definitely not. Better than Reis, Cariaso and Moraga? Very possibly. I see what you're saying but we can't pretend Mighty Mouse has ONLY fought cans. He's fought some lesser-comp, but he's also fought some studs.

Joanna and DJ are the most dominant Champs for sure but joannas division is much more competitive.
DJ is just that good. womens MMA at all divisions is shallower than men's. Many more men are interested in combat sports and the 125 guys are likely 140 off season. A lot more 140 men interested in fighting than any women's weight.

JJ is one of my favorite fighters. She is mean and a true champ.

if/when they get 4 women's divisions up and running, I hope they do a separate p4p.
you know, this is a good idea. The difference in cultivation of talent is just hugely different. And not even just by gender, but by weight classes. The only reason MM shouldnt be p4p king is because his weight doesnt have the same kind of talent as 155, 170, 185 etc. Similarly, I feel JJ's weight class has stronger competition to the higher weight classes. I think she's easily p4p lady king. That said, she could easily be int he discussion for top 10

when looking at her skill set and the strength of her schedule has she been more impressive than dj in her reign and can we make a case for her being the TRUE P4P king?

Has dj faced a legit threat as dangerous as Joanna's last 3 Fights?
Is karolina better than any of djs wins?

P4P in 2k17

<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>

pound for pound for women only maybe, any guy her size beats the fuck outta her

She gets a hematoma on her forehead every fight, so no. #1 P4P in WMMA but nowhere on the overall P4P list. Too much damage taken for her style to be viable in higher weight classes. Kind of like the boxer Roman Gonzalez.
except for the fact Roman is a 4 division world Champion and would've never had to fight Srisaket a 2nd time if the first fight was scored right. Yeah he wasn't the same fighter at Super Flyweight as Flyweight and below but he still held his own but that first loss bs or not and Arnulfo Obando passing away had just as much of an effect on him then the weight.

Back