Is It Wrong To Want Joanna To Lose Again?

If Joanna had won with all her antics, would you feel the same as now though? She was being herself, really. And you said it yourself.

Whether it really was a weight cut or not will be known when their second fight ends. I'm Joanna fan regardless of anything, however, I have to admit Rose had an ideal gameplan for her style

THUG ROSE!!! THUG ROSE!!! THUG ROSE!!! THUG ROSE!!!

Joanna was always a b*itch for lack of better words. I was surprised only when she fought Rose did people start turn on her a bit. It was obvious the way she acted at the weigh ins and faked the niceness in interviews(which I guess few people bothered to go through). It was apparent in tuf championship against Claudia, but I guess her winning made people quickly forget it.

giphy.gif

I have always been a Joanna fan however at some point during the build-up to the Rose fight I started going off her a bit. It reminded me of the time when the Rousey train was full to the neck and I was on board but then when I seen how Rousey reacted at the weigh-in towards Holly thats when I went off Rousey.

I thought she was playing way too much into the Boogie Woman persona in the lead up to the fight and that she was just a bad version of McGregor. She was always a little bit of a "bully" during the build up of fights and a sweety after but this time it just didn't feel right with me...she was trying too hard and it was so obvious.

I recently re-watched to Rose fight and one thing stuck out to me that Joanna after the winner was announced she did not even congratulate Rose on the victory and almost every fighter does.

The fact that she says she did not tap (not that it matters but It did look like it), the fact that she said she had a bad weight cut, the fact that she said Rose was a "fluke" plus a load of other excuses.

I feel that Joanna may be going down the same road that Ronda travelled. After being a huge fan of Joanna for so long I feel a little crappy that I have this negative reaction and part of me wants her to be more like her "old" self in the rematch but I really think she might be even more arrogant and even more egotistical. Also part of me wants Rose to beat Joanna again because Rose is just such a great person as well as 100% Real.

I dunno just rambling. Anyone else have mixed feelings about this rematch?
Its wrong of u to cheer for fighters based on personality. Soap opera isnt relevant, its for ppl who cant tell the difference between a jab and a cross. it should be about the technique displayed in the octagon and u should cheer for the fighter that impresses u the most when the cage closes. Thats my opinion anyways.

Traitorous slime.

If Joanna had won with all her antics, would you feel the same as now though? She was being herself, really. And you said it yourself.

Whether it really was a weight cut or not will be known when their second fight ends. I'm Joanna fan regardless of anything, however, I have to admit Rose had an ideal gameplan for her style

I think so, I don't think she was herself this time around. Joanna has always been known for the mental warfare in her past fights but this time around it seemed too forced...It might also be that Rose did nothing to get in Joanna's head so maybe it just stands out more. I do think she felt the pressure to sell the fight and went a bit over the top but then after the fight she has given Rose ZERO credit and I completely disagree with that.

Its wrong of u to cheer for fighters based on personality. Soap opera isnt relevant, its for ppl who cant tell the difference between a jab and a cross. it should be about the technique displayed in the octagon and u should cheer for the fighter that impresses u the most when the cage closes. Thats my opinion anyways.

I completely understand what you mean however in 2018 when you immerse yourself in so much MMA content ie trailers, promos, embedded, interviews plus all social media fighters personalities seep through. If there were no "soap operas" as you say I can understand your point but I do watch almost everything put out so thats why I feel this way.

Am I the only one who doesn't get triggered by fighters when they talk trash? I understand it's just part of the game and they're promoting the fight, who cares. Joanna's boogiewomen shit was cringe, but that's all it was.

Anyway, hope Rose beats her again regardless

i'd be content if she were to win the title back, then lose in her first defence {so long as its against Andrade}

The way Joanna handled her loss, blaming everyone but herself, I'd be surprised if a lot of fans didn't turn on her.

Back