is it worth learning how to fight southpaw

If you're super badass coordinated and feel comfortable both ways that is awesome. Even if you're not I think it's still very handy to learn a few stock combos from opposite stance.

i wan do it also incase somehow i got my legs busted up from kicks and i cant get the guy down or if i have a hand or leg injury i can switch stances i have all the time in the world to get good though since my only jobs teaching at my gym

i wan do it also incase somehow i got my legs busted up from kicks and i cant get the guy down or if i have a hand or leg injury i can switch stances i have all the time in the world to get good though since my only jobs teaching at my gym
thats awesome you can pay your bills through teaching! What do you teach?

Frank Mir had some success, and he made the switch later in age. He didn't have your high level boxing background, so you could do even better.

<{Heymansnicker}>

thats awesome you can pay your bills through teaching! What do you teach?
jiu jitsu and mma depends who shows up mostly bjj then after if guys wana do mma ill work anything they want i also go to my gym early and let guys come train with me free basically they get free privates cause helps me get back into shape i need a body to drill with
https://www.facebook.com/matthudsonmma/

heres my gym page im moving in 3 weeks to a state of the art facility though its gonna be great

jiu jitsu and mma depends who shows up mostly bjj then after if guys wana do mma ill work anything they want i also go to my gym early and let guys come train with me free basically they get free privates cause helps me get back into shape i need a body to drill with
https://www.facebook.com/matthudsonmma/

heres my gym page im moving in 3 weeks to a state of the art facility though its gonna be great
so there's going to be a job opening at your old place? I bet a lot of guys would jump at the chance to earn a real living by just teaching classes.

Where did you decide to move to train at? I remember you were looking at a few options

so there's going to be a job opening at your old place? I bet a lot of guys would jump at the chance to earn a real living by just teaching classes.

Where did you decide to move to train at? I remember you were looking at a few options
im moving 12 miles up the road. The current gym im at is a mess, its a dirty old building uses puzzle mats. the ceiling leaks and gets on the mats. i don't have rent, but the lady makes me work 3 days a week at her fitness gym to call it even for me using the space fuck that.. this new place its a very nice million dollar facility the guy said well do a 75 25 split and he will buy any equipment i need any mats gloves gear ect comes out of his 25% so im gonna make sure i at least get 70 bucks a person so ill charge around 85 a month but when i have fights im gonna take off and let some of my blues teach for few weeks while im training for my fights.

im moving 12 miles up the road. The current gym im at is a mess, its a dirty old building uses puzzle mats. the ceiling leaks and gets on the mats. i don't have rent, but the lady makes me work 3 days a week at her fitness gym to call it even for me using the space fuck that.. this new place its a very nice million dollar facility the guy said well do a 75 25 split and he will buy any equipment i need any mats gloves gear ect comes out of his 25% so im gonna make sure i at least get 70 bucks a person so ill charge around 85 a month but when i have fights im gonna take off and let some of my blues teach for few weeks while im training for my fights.
thats a great deal, but does he have a coaching staff in place to help you continue to grow as a professional fighter?

a coaching staff? im the main coach sadly missisippi is a bad place to get good i traveled around to get to my level i go to a pro boxing gym 2 days a week that iv been with for 13 years and i teach the classes at this gym all myself unless i cant make it then a student fills in the new owners gonna buy anything i need which is cool i wish i could put a cage in there i havent been to the gym yet to check it out but i will tomorrow afternoon to see how were gonna set it up and see what gear to get what gear do you think i should ask him to get so far theres nothing

hey boxings my first art. started at 12, im almost 26 now, and a pro in mma, and bout to turn pro in boxing. i fight orthodox, and wrestle orthodox, but i feel id have alot more power if i could shoot southpaw and much stronger jab and hook. i jab and hook alot of lead hand. i have 15 years left fighting. is it worth trying to learn how to fight southpaw? i fight at a top level pro. i use to would say no to just get great at one stance, but i feel i need to learn both incase i get hurt, i need to switch what do you guys think? i feel it would work great when throwing a cross then switch mid punch then follow up with combos while moving to get something

I don't know. I think its useful to have the ability to go switch but, at 26, you likely have hardwired much of these skills and attributes. You could build onto what you have already and add new skills rather than starting to learn how to fight again. Switching stances is a great way to mix it up.

I'd love to learn Southpaw. I'm trying to incorporate some shifting stance combinations in my sparring, but I'm totally uncomfortable in the stance on the heavy bag still. My left kick to the body has been money lately, but I'd like to be able to throw a decent cross from that position as well. I just started working out again, so that's something I'm going to be working on.

Back