is it worth it to get a weighted vest

No. Period... Little to no benefit on any level, fucks up your body dynamics while practicing anything. There are studies showing slight improvements in speed and agility here and there, however it is what you would expect by making workouts harder, which a vest does obviously. However there are other, way less intrusive and much more focused ways to make your workouts and training more difficult with a much higher benefit. A lot of people think "wow, I am so much quicker now after I was wearing the vest!" They are not, it just feels like it.

No. Period... Little to no benefit on any level, fucks up your body dynamics while practicing anything. There are studies showing slight improvements in speed and agility here and there, however it is what you would expect by making workouts harder, which a vest does obviously. However there are other, way less intrusive and much more focused ways to make your workouts and training more difficult with a much higher benefit. A lot of people think "wow, I am so much quicker now after I was wearing the vest!" They are not, it just feels like it.

Are you able to provide some references for these studies? I would like to have a read of them.

Back