Is it weird to watch 125lb men fight?

ANd these 125ers would embarrass you under 30 seconds.

The physics look off watching little guys go at it. They look silly to my eyes.

It's always a very fragile weekend on Sherdog whenever MM fights! So many deliciously delicate little egos to scramble!

OMG. This is the funniest post so far.

I'm not dissing MM and his skill or any of the smaller fighters. I just enjoy watching the heavier classes more. I'm in Denver and the local scene here is awesome. Most of the good fighters are smaller weight classes. I rarely see two heavyweights fight that are both in good shape.

They aren't really 125 lbs, MM is like 140 some are closer to 150.

Your girlfriend isn't a very good comparison, some girls are 6'5 220 lbs or 5'10 300 lbs. Women and men have overlap in size. :D

Women are always bulking after trashing peak SMV. I see lots of fit guys with monstrosities. LULz had.

It's like watching ugly people fuck. They better bring it.

This is funny. Why brag about something like your virtual belt on a forum? I never did get this mentality.

You don't see my point of view and I don't see yours. It's cool.

Why don't I post more? I don't read the forums much. Too many angry short guys who like to throw a virtual punch.

It shows.....

The physics look off watching little guys go at it. They look silly to my eyes.

Reminds of watching the Wolf on Wall Street with midget throwing. Its not as savage but I cannot get interested in goat manlet crushing cans.

I look at guys like MM as guys who couldnt make it in any other sport like baseball, basketball or football, hockey etc. Hes simply too small. He should count his blessings that UFC has a flyweight class. Because if it wasnt for that division he would be a horse jockey if he were to be involved in sports in any way. MMA is cool that way where you can be pretty much any size and compete. In any other major sport he would not last at that size.
Ummm boxing?

Bruce Lee height was 5'7", worldwide average
IXh5nFf.gif
Sherdog average is 6'5".

Could he kick me ass? Hell yes. It's not like im going to put my hand on his head and rub it for good luck.
Just put your hand on his forehead and he will not have the reach to even kick you. Just watch out for flying armbars.

yeah not their fault all you americans are fat as fuck

Bruce Lee height was 5'7", worldwide average
IXh5nFf.gif
he was still a tiny guy I'm 5'8" and I out weight him by 50 lbs.At least mighty mouse is a real fighter. judo gene was also doing more for mma than bruce ever did by fighting milo savage.

ANd these 125ers would embarrass you under 30 seconds.
I got beat up by 125 ers in boxing and mma and these were guys that fought in small shows.

mighty mouse skill and speed would be pretty insane in person.

I think it's awesome - they're fast as fuck. The transitions in Elliot Smolka were so much fun

I used to not like MM fights until recently. His last few fights have been so good. Will watch again.

Its annoying for sure, but worth an occasional watch. What really ticks me off is after the fight when the widgets jump up onto the cage wall and straddle it to be visible to the crowd. Its like dude, you are a widget lil manlet, its cool and all you won but don't act like you are powerful and all.

I just don't understand why people feel the need to talk about it all the time. If you don't like the smaller fighters, that's fine, don't watch them. I don't really enjoy watching HW fights, but you don't see me making a thread and complaining about them after every event. I really think these trolls/haters are jealous of a guy like DJ, they just can't accept the fact that someone that small lives a much better life than they do.

I get it that they are skilled but it just feels different to watch tiny people fight each other.

DJ is something like 5'2" and 125lbs? In comparison, my gf is 5'8 and 130 lbs.

Could he kick me ass? Hell yes. It's not like im going to put my hand on his head and rub it for good luck.

Why is FLW the one class where people pretend the fighters don't cut weight?

I look at guys like MM as guys who couldnt make it in any other sport like baseball, basketball or football, hockey etc. Hes simply too small. He should count his blessings that UFC has a flyweight class. Because if it wasnt for that division he would be a horse jockey if he were to be involved in sports in any way. MMA is cool that way where you can be pretty much any size and compete. In any other major sport he would not last at that size.
What an epically retarded way of "thinking". MM's life choice wasn't 'sports or die'. He's not from a fucking favela, or cave in Afghanistan. He did not get into MMA because he was trying to be able to call himself an athlete. He obviously enjoys the sport, and excells at it.
I can't even begin to understand why the fuck anyone would care how tall or heavy a fighter is. The smaller fighters are usually the most technically superior, and show off a wider range of MMA skills.
Tom Cruise being 5'5 doesn't stop me from enjoying any of his action movies. Struve being 7 feet tall, or Nelson being 600lbs doesn't make me enjoy their fights anymore than a light weight fighter.
Caring about fighter weight and height is some WWE bullshit

Back