Is it weird to watch 125lb men fight?

I'm not a fan of the small guys weight class, but I like watching MMA, and these guys r good at it!!!!!

I can't even begin to understand what you guys are thinking that makes you care how big a fighter is. You guys may need to reassess what your motives are when you tune into fights. Are you dreaming about being in their arms? Do you think of it like a dating show or some shit? Having an obsession with the size or these guys just comes across as homo curious to me, which is fine, but you may want to realize that not everyone else is and stop trying to convince us. I watch mma to see skilled fighters fight. Whatever size they are doesn't even come into play.
It's weird how they can't enjoy a fight unless they can envision the fighter inside the cage dominating them. That thought has never crossed my mind. I'd be worried about my sexuality if it did.

My girlfriend is 5'9 but I still feel ok watching Conor McGregor. Mighty Mouse is cool too.

It's weird how they can't enjoy a fight unless they are 100% positive the fighter inside the cage can beat the shit out of them. That thought has never crossed my mind. I'd be worried if it did.
It's different for you because 100% of all 125 pounders in the world can probably beat your ass, amirite?

10yrs a whitbelt and I can see why....

It's already weird for me to watch McGregor fight, so...
I'm sure these guys have mad skills, but coming from wrestling it's kinda hard to be thrilled when watching tiny men jump all over the cage.
And when they try to act "big & though & gangsta" it's just plain funny/cute.

Like a litter of kitties, "Grrr I haz tuf!" ^^

Undersized sherdoggers love this shit and I'm good with it, to each his favorite weight class.
Normal fighters for bigger/taller than average guys, & LW and below for smaller dudes.
I'm cool with that, we can all have what we want.

Gods neglected to give you these 10 extra cm, not us.

Last edited:
They aren't really 125 lbs, MM is like 140 some are closer to 150.

Your girlfriend isn't a very good comparison, some girls are 6'5 220 lbs or 5'10 300 lbs. Women and men have overlap in size. :D
His gf would kick your butt, don't be jealous!

I look at guys like MM as guys who couldnt make it in any other sport like baseball, basketball or football, hockey etc. Hes simply too small. He should count his blessings that UFC has a flyweight class. Because if it wasnt for that division he would be a horse jockey if he were to be involved in sports in any way. MMA is cool that way where you can be pretty much any size and compete. In any other major sport he would not last at that size.

Yes it is. To me it just doesn't feel right.

whats weird is their speed, cardio

What they do is almost a different sport to what Mark Hunt does for example

...and small WEC cages are a must to consider watching them

that's cause the general consensus of americans are ignorant, hypocritical, and idiotic.
They are just conditioned to think and respond in a certain way. I bet the people in this thread have no issues with the enormously bigger 135 pound division. Those guys are GIANTS!

I can't even begin to understand what you guys are thinking that makes you care how big a fighter is. You guys may need to reassess what your motives are when you tune into fights. Are you dreaming about being in their arms? Do you think of it like a dating show or some shit? Having an obsession with the size or these guys just comes across as homo curious to me, which is fine, but you may want to realize that not everyone else is and stop trying to convince us. I watch mma to see skilled fighters fight. Whatever size they are doesn't even come into play.

I really don't get it either I'm a fight fan I like watching fights real fights some act like it's midget wrestling. Like somehow a KO, submission, or damn good fight is somehow diminished because of size or sex? I like fights in my weight class just because it's my weight class and I'm far and away from any Flyweight, but I have no issue watching smaller men fight and admire the speed, transitions, and action they most often bring.

It's always a very fragile weekend on Sherdog whenever MM fights! So many deliciously delicate little egos to scramble!

10yrs a whitbelt and I can see why....

This is funny. Why brag about something like your virtual belt on a forum? I never did get this mentality.

You don't see my point of view and I don't see yours. It's cool.

Why don't I post more? I don't read the forums much. Too many angry short guys who like to throw a virtual punch.

I think it's weird how so many people idolize Bruce Lee but then disrespect (actual) fighters who are roughly the same size as him.
Bruce Lee height was 5'7", worldwide average
IXh5nFf.gif

Last edited:
I never weighted 125lbs even in high school. It just is not entertaining and a rematch with Cruz awaits but, that is if DJ can stop being a tv fighter for free.

Back