Is it true that Muaythai fighters have considerably improved their boxing skills?

Ri Son

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or how did they make the transition so well? Is it correct to say that they actually annihilate the kickboxers, and their improved boxing is it still at a level not the highest with a few exceptions?

I'm just asking, please don't bash me. The title is positive.

I just want to see what you think. Btw I love Superbon.

Their boxing has been world class for decades actually. Annihilate the kickboxers? Nah but they do typically outperform them in weights 70kg and below and actually would annihilate them if kickboxing had weight classes below 120 lbs.

Have they improved their hands for Muay Thai? I don't think so.

Have they improved their hands for kickboxing? Some individual fighters yes, e.g. Superbon and Sittichai.

Have they improved their hands for boxing? Not really. Muay Thai fighters don't seem as succesful in boxing as they were in the past, but could be wrong.

Do they annihilate kickboxers? Some yes, others no.

I don t think that we have so many Veeraphols, Wanchannois, Samart, Yokthsi or Lakhins these days so no.

Thais have always had world class boxing when they concentrated on it, its just that in the stadiums with the gambling and scoring systems it wasn't valued as much as knees, clinching, checking and returning body kicks etc.

Now we see more Thais on the international circuit under K-1 / kickboxing rules or with 4oz gloves in ONE Championship so punching is more prevalent.

Back