Is it time for a cruiserweight (225) grand prix?

pantheist

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Have the four best lhws vs the four best hws who can cut to 225.I know Dana would never do a one night tourney as that only works best in kickboxing. Perhaps it could be done every few years or so same with a super mw grand prix etc.

It'd be interesting

I see a lot of requests for more mid size weight classes but they could also add some for the heavier weights as well

A cruiserweight and super heavyweight division would be cool imo

Thats an awesome idea and a great way to showcase a new division. I'm all in

Thats an awesome idea and a great way to showcase a new division. I'm all in
Yeah while making the two weakest divisions even thinner. Making a new division until everyone has a worthless title will kill MMA.

Yeah while making the two weakest divisions even thinner. Making a new division until everyone has a worthless title will kill MMA.
a fair point. maybe when both divisions are a bit stronger, i think i just saw the key words 'grand prix' and got excited

No. No it is not.

Fuck a CW division. What they need to do is readjust the existing divisions to get rid of the problem of inconsistent weight-gap jumps.

Raise the limit of all divisions below WW by 5 lb.
- 130 FLW
- 140 BW
- 150 FW
- 160 LW
- 170 WW

This reduces the massive 15 lb jump from LW to WW, which causes so much problems among the majority of the LW division's elite. It's much better than the additional 165 lb division the commissions and some people keep suggesting. If LW's were going to move to 165, they'd be fighting at 170 already. Raising the FLW limit also increases the competition pool there tremendously.

basically all the top HWs could make 225 if they wanted. It would be a pointless division.

We need Franklinweight for Romero, Shogun and all those guys that dont really fit in MW/LHW

Back