Is it that inconceivable to think that Manny has a better shot at beating Floyd now?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
sooo it would be kinda absurd if these two rematch right?

But if I am looking at this....Floyd hasn’t fought a pro boxer in 3 years ( sorry conor). His reflexes seemed to have deteriorated quite a bit in the Berto fight and if we are being brutal honest they looked even more deteriorated in the conor “fight”.

If the last thing to go is power ( which Manny still has) is it that inconceivable that Manny has a better shot here than the first fight? Of course neither are the same at all and Manny has deteriorated as well. Nor am I suggesting Manny is the favorite. But if I am Manny would I not happily take one of Floyds to give one of mine? And if Floyd is a more stationary target that helps Manny correct?

I am actually beginning to think Manny has a better shot here than in 2015 ( where I thought he clearly was gonna lose)....

Again, Not that he will win. But I think its possible he has more opportunities to land shots in a potential rematch just based on their mutual deterioration

Now go ahead and call me crazy

100% agreed. Floyd's not the same without his speed. I mean the change isn't as drastic as RJJ's but still.

Let's put it this way...time will catch up to him in the ring sooner than later, he might want to take a look at SRL getting the piss beat out of him by Norris and the late Hector Camacho and decide if the extra $$$ is worth his legacy and health by taking un-retiring every few years.

He’s likely surrounded by yes men and hangers on.

Pacquiao should definitely be a favourite.

I think he can do it. Manny's style favors longetivity. Floyd's style relies on speed and reflexes. He's 41 and fought 2 times in 3 years, one having no ammy or pro record. Pac has been staying sharp. Also he had surgery on his shoulder, he'll be firing on both cylinders.

Last edited:
My money is on the guy that's had more than one fight in three years.

Floyd looked old in the Conor fight but Manny doesn’t exactly look great either. He’s much slower than he used to be.

Fight will look the same unless Floyd wants to open up for the fans.

Floyd beats Manny 99/100 times. Boxer vs puncher.

Boxers like Marquez gave Manny fits because they box around Manny’s offense. They don’t stand in front of him exchanging punches.

Manny isn’t a sophisticated boxer. He’s a crafty and explosive puncher.

Floyd will control the distance with his significant reach advantage and control the tempo.

Completely neutralize Manny’s flurries with his guard and make manny apprehensive because of the counters.

It's tough to know what kind of form Floyd will be in if the rematch actually goes through, so I guess that kind of uncertainty might favour Pacquiao. The style-matchup still favours Mayweather, though.

It's not inconceivable but that still doesn't mean it's a fight that needs to happen. Floyd should stay retired and Manny should push for the Khan fight and then retire himself.

He has a better chance now than back in 2015, but I still don't think he beats him

While time will be catching up with Floyd and he won't be the same, Manny isn't the same guy either
The fact that Manny has still been competing is big for him though

Manny had no answer for Floyd's defence the last time, he looked like he had faster hands but seemed really hesitant of Floyd's counters and when he did flurry he quickly stopped unable to land any clean offence. Unless he makes it a dog fight I don't seem him winning, Floyd just seems too clever for Manny's offence... unless Floyd tries walking him down like he did to Conor

Mayweather didn't even try or really train for the McGregor fight, so I don't rate him off of that performance. I think he likely wins another decision here.

Nope. Even when Maidana fought the perfect fight against Floyd the judges still favored their daddy. To beat him you will need knock downs, and I dont see Manny getting any.

I hope if they fight again Floyd suffers from a fluke injury and gets KO'd.

Last edited:
Yeah that's stupid. The fight is stupid. Floyd is probably almost broke. As much as I like to support assholes that sell comically overpriced crap to total dumbasses that came into money, I wouldn't spend a penny on this fight.

Floyd still has his ring IQ, and mastery of fundamental boxing. His defense will nullify Pacquiao's fading offense. If I were in his corner I would advise him to retire on a high note with the WBA around his waist.

Could see old man Floyd fighting a lil more stupidly ala the conor fight just to make a show of it but I still wouldnt give pac much of a chance. Good win over Mattyse but dudes been shot for a while and doesnt have the heart anymore

It's not inconceivable but that still doesn't mean it's a fight that needs to happen. Floyd should stay retired and Manny should push for the Khan fight and then retire himself.

true, but...$$$

There is no way Floy will lose, even if a flying saucer of milk with cat aliens come down from the sky and leave a pile of shit in his corner, and act like he owes them somethign. Fucking cats.

Back