Is it that hard to imagine Cerrone fighting for the title at 155?

You said Cerrone has better record than Jorge and we all remmeber what Jorge did to Cerrone.

AbandonedDeliciousBuffalo-size_restricted.gif
Yes, Cerrone has a better record then Jorge at WW. I don't see the point in you posting this gif. BJ Penn could never beat GSP and he still became a champion. Matt Hughes never could beat Dennis Hallman and he is still the better fighter of the two.

He's a solid fighter, a fan favorite, with the right matchamking he could do it. Plus he fights 10 times a week, so he's bound to get another crack at it.

Yes, Cerrone has a better record then Jorge at WW. I don't see the point in you posting this gif. BJ Penn could never beat GSP and he still became a champion. Matt Hughes never could beat Dennis Hallman and he is still the better fighter of the two.
What do you want to prove here ?
Do you belive in ferry tales. He is old and on the end of his carer , Cerrone got his shit pushed in in LW and in WW he will never be champion or get another title shot deal with it.
giphy.gif

A mid card fighter? Christ on a cross, he's beaten 2 guys in the top 5 at Lightweight lol. Get out of here.
He is man. I'm not intending to shit on cerrone either. He's a fan favourite sure but he's kinda like a bisping or florian. Awesome company guy and fan favourite. Only gets on some shows main slits because of over saturation.

What do you want to prove here ?
Do you belive in ferry tales. He is old and on the end of his carer , Cerrone got his shit pushed in in LW and in WW he will never be champion or get another title shot deal with it.
giphy.gif
I never said he'd be champion lol. Holy shit reading isn't one of your strengths but go ahead and post more gifs they do everything except help your argument. Cerrone has beaten both Edson and Alvarez who are in the top 5 and you don't think he can get near the top once more? That's fine, believe that. I think if he does back to lightweight we'll see him among Eddie, Poirer and Khabib.

He is man. I'm not intending to shit on cerrone either. He's a fan favourite sure but he's kinda like a bisping or florian. Awesome company guy and fan favourite. Only gets on some shows main slits because of over saturation.
We'll simply have to agree to disagree.

He might be fortunate if someone gets injured, he'll definitely jumps in against anyone out there. I mean, come on, Lee got a title shot after that controversy with Chiesa, Khabib and Edson were both healing up then. You know, after Bisping-Rockhold 2 I never count anybody out, and I don't think anyone should.

Do you guys remember when Rogan or somebody asked him in the octagon after the Story fight if he's gonna fight Eddie for the title since he beat him already? I'm pretty sure he would've won again had they fought at UFC 205. Hopefully Conor gets the fuck out soon enough.

Never count out Cowboy, on a good night he can beat anybody at 155.

Donald is a tough dude. He's markettable. He could put together a win streak. UFC clearly wanted to do Conor vs Cowboy before Dos Anjos spoiled it. LW is stacked with exciting fighters but the two most popular guys behind Khabib and Tony are on one fight win streaks. Donald beat one of em. It's always possible.

I don't think it's gonna happen though unless it's a short notice fill in. He's got a lot of bad matchups at LW and he took a lot of unneccessary damage at WW. There's no way that dude should of fought Darren Till.

Cerrone beat Eddie Alvarez between him being Bellator champion and UFC champion. He could win the title. There's been much more surprising champions including Bisping.

Since winning on Sunday everyone keeps saying Cerrone can't make it back to the top and he won't ever be champion. Now the latter statement is a different subject, I find it easy to think he can become a top 5 fighter once more. He's beaten both Edson and Alvarez who are in the top 5, I can't see guys like Beneil, Lee or Chiesa beating him and going all the way back to 2013 his only losses were to RDA and Anthony Pettis. If Cowboy does indeed go back to Lightweight I think we could see him in title contention by the end of the year.

If he's going to LW again, why is he still fighting at WW?

Beats Ferguson, Lee, Diaz, McGregor.

all those guys you mentioned would eat cerrone alive...diaz already has...and conor would ko him inside 1 round...he doesn't handle good boxers well.

I want to see him getting a few wins back at LW, I think he can still be top 5 if he gets his shit together

In the top 15 at lightweight I see Cerrone having a chance against 4, mabey 5 fighters. Sure he can get a title shot...... by steping in for a injured contender....
Hes fight at sunday wasnt impressive at all in regards to top 15 match ups at lightweight.

I never said he'd be champion lol. Holy shit reading isn't one of your strengths but go ahead and post more gifs they do everything except help your argument. Cerrone has beaten both Edson and Alvarez who are in the top 5 and you don't think he can get near the top once more? That's fine, believe that. I think if he does back to lightweight we'll see him among Eddie, Poirer and Khabib.
I didnt say you said he will be a champion so how is your reading. I said that he will never be champion or get a title shot at LW.
Again what are you trying to prove here that Cerrone will get a title shot in LW ? . Cerrone will never read it NEVER get a title shot in LW again . He is too old and not good enough to get one.

Last edited:
When the lights are brightest, Cowboy always comes up short.

Back