Is it safe to take a Mens 50+ multi vitamin if you are under 50?

Okay so I decided to start taking it and Im not taking it anymore, I guess you shouldn't take a 50 plus vitamin if you are in your 30s.

something in the vitamin is making me groggy when I wake up in the morning, I will have deep sleep but wake up with heavy eyes its weird, like a slight headache as well.

My libido plummeted while on it, I literally didnt get horny for the 5 days I took it but it gave me energy and focus throught he day, it was just when I would wake up in the morning Id get groggy

I take it in the morning and through the day it seems to give me energy no headache

but when I go to bed Ill wake up with a slight headache and heavy eyes like I cant really get up im still sleeping or my eyes are tired.

I just stopped taking it 3 days ago and all those symptoms went away, I have no clue what ingredient is causing this, maybe its the iron? or the Ashwaganda or DMAE? I have no clue.

Last edited:
Okay so I decided to start taking it and Im not taking it anymore, I guess you shouldn't take a 50 plus vitamin if you are in your 30s.

something in the vitamin is making me groggy when I wake up in the morning, I will have deep sleep but wake up with heavy eyes its weird, like a slight headache as well.

I take it in the morning and through the day it seems to give me energy no headache

but when I go to bed Ill wake up with a slight headache and heavy eyes like I cant really get up im still sleeping or my eyes are tired.

I just stopped taking it 3 days ago and all those symptoms went away, I have no clue what ingredient is causing this, maybe its the iron? or the Ashwaganda or DMAE? I have no clue.
Sounds like cocaine

Sounds like cocaine
shit man I dont know they might have put some type of drug in there or something

I was taking it for the past several days and it never went away, I take it in the morning with breakfast it gives me energy all through the day, I feel clarity and focus energetic but then when I go to sleep I wake up feeling groggy and my eyes are heavy like I can barely open then like when you are really tired.

Also my libido crashed I wasnt horny at all for those few days.

You'll end up with an enlarged prostate. Low energy and bad moods. Don't bother.

I ordered some stuff at iHerb and they gave me a free bottle of mens multivitamins, I don't take multis im in my 30s but I saw it was for 50+ men

I looked on the label and its pretty good profile and it already has some of the stuff I take every other day like D3, Quercitin, Rutin, coq10, etc

I don't know why they gave me that version instead of the mens regular, but I was thinking of trying them because the brand has a ton of great reviews and people say its the best multiple vitamin they took and Im wondering if its okay for me to take it?

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

No. You'll grow a third nut and begin enjoying the comedy of Dane Cook.

You can get most of that with food. Only supplements I take is vita D, because the whole world lacks that. Fish oil, because I don’t eat salmon, and it keeps triglycerides down. Milk Thistle, because it’s a miracle herb that supports your liver. And a baby aspirin. Multis make me ill.

I eat superfoods with 2 of my meals so I get my vitamins from that,
Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with walnuts, blueberries, and banana.
Lunch: A Protein, and I add a low salt V8 for potassium and lycopene.
Dinner: A protein with something green. Also rotate sweet potato, legumes, whole wheat protein pasta.

Snacks are olives, almonds, celery, carrots, or fruit.

I wouldn't supplement iron if I was you, especially not 100% of the rda in pill form like in your multivitamin, excess iron can lead to a lot of bad stuff (cancer, cvd, cirrhosis and neurodegenerative diseases, among others) and it's also pro-aging, besides iron interferes with the absorption of some vitamins and depletes others.

There's also evidence that people who donate blood are remarkably less prone to getting cancer and heart attacks because they deplete some of their iron by doing so:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9737556
http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-donating-blood-good-your-health-246379

Last edited:
I wouldn't supplement iron if I was you, especially not 100% of the rda in pill form like in your multivitamin, excess iron can lead to a lot of bad stuff (cancer, cvd, cirrhosis and neurodegenerative diseases, among others) and it's also pro-aging, besides iron interferes with the absorption of some vitamins and depletes others.

There's also evidence that people who donate blood are remarkably less prone to getting cancer and heart attacks because they deplete some of their iron by doing so:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9737556
http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-donating-blood-good-your-health-246379
The iron must be making me groggy, i threw the vitamins away.

Dude, you just gave yourself Progeria, congratulations

I ordered some stuff at iHerb and they gave me a free bottle of mens multivitamins, I don't take multis im in my 30s but I saw it was for 50+ men

I looked on the label and its pretty good profile and it already has some of the stuff I take every other day like D3, Quercitin, Rutin, coq10, etc

I don't know why they gave me that version instead of the mens regular, but I was thinking of trying them because the brand has a ton of great reviews and people say its the best multiple vitamin they took and Im wondering if its okay for me to take it?

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg
I'm 39. I take Centrum 50+. 2 months into taking them I had to take an unreal shit the likes of which I never felt before (I assume it's because if the pills). But when I sat down I couldn't go no matter how hard I tried. I thought I was constipated. Turns out my asshole disappeared. It came back in about 2 days. After that everything was cool and now I feel younger than I thought possible.

I'm 39. I take Centrum 50+. 2 months into taking them I had to take an unreal shit the likes of which I never felt before (I assume it's because if the pills). But when I sat down I couldn't go no matter how hard I tried. I thought I was constipated. Turns out my asshole disappeared. It came back in about 2 days. After that everything was cool and now I feel younger than I thought possible.

They did studies that there are no vitamins in centrum

And I'm not 50 so it balances out.

Take those vitamins and you'll wake up with assburgers.

its fine but you risk mustache cancer in the long run

Back