Is it safe to say Canelo, Danny Garcia and GGG have the best chins in boxing today?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TidWell, May 13, 2018.

1. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Well I posted the ESPN and you mocked it.

They have more boxing knowledge than a regular fan boy who is biased, you tried to shoot it down but they are credible.

2. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

Yes father, I have sinned and blasphemed against our lord and savior Fat Dan, I am ashamed to admit it. I must repent, by reading the sacred texts of Bert Sugar, Teddy Atlas, and Steve Kim. Forgive me, for I was in a moment of ethical weakness, blinded by arrogance. How could I think I knew more than the great Nigel Collins and Gareth A. Davies? Truly, I must work harder to reform myself and make myself a more devout follower of boxing.

Jhonni5 likes this.
  3. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Is this satire? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt here, trying to respond to one of your threads.

JayE, Hagler, bad seed and 1 other person like this.
  4. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Black Belt

<23>

5. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

it was Kieran Melvany who wrote the ESPN top 100 ATG list that didn't have Pacquiao on the list, not Fat Dan.

6. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Name me one fighter he fought who was a legit one punch puncher like Lucas.

Lucas is on that GGG level, that one punch cracking power.

Algieri not a puncher, Vargas not a puncher, Horn is not a puncher, Bradley not a puncher, Brandon Rios not a one punch guy he hits hard but due to size advantage and he was more of a accumulation puncher.

Im not saying they cant knock guys out but they are decent punchers just not KO punchers who are known for their one punch KOs like Lucas.

Floyd not a puncher, Marquez is not a real puncher he timed Pac well coming in and was only able to KO Pac when Pacs legs were done.

JMM fought Manny 3 times before that and never dropped him

Cotto is not a vicious puncher, he hits hard but not a KO guy, Lucas is the first real KO guy Pac is facing.

If Pacquiao can withstand Lucas power Ill be shocked, Austin Trout said Lucas hit him harder than any fighter he fought or sparred.

7. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Black Belt

Cotto is not a puncher?
    Hatton was not a puncher?
    Margarito was not a puncher?
    Mosley was not a puncher?
    Barrera was not a puncher?

[<dunn]

Listen if you want to argue that Lucas is the biggest puncher he has fought then that is a bit of a better argument. But to say he has not fought any punchers is a bit ludicrous

4daLuLZ, JayE, Hagler and 2 others like this.
  8. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

JayE, ironfist05 and Shoemaker like this.
  9. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

oh father I have sinned more! I am not even capable of properly citing our prophets!

Imagine if the members of ISIS could not even properly cite Muhammud! If the 969ers could not even cite the Buddha, if Joseph Kony knew so little of Jesus! That is me, but in boxing!

Jhonni5 likes this.
  10. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Which one of those guys are lethal punchers?

Lucas is one of those guys if he grazes your chin he can rock you, pacquiao has never been hit by a true one punch ko guy with heavy hands, i fear for his life in this fight and he has no trainer going into the fight.

11. wilddeuces

wilddeuces Brown Belt

Maybe, but he sure fights like he doesn't want to even risk getting hit.

He lost his ferocity lately. The Wlad fight took something from him, even if it traded venom for experience.

Yourstepdad likes this.
  12. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Miguel Cotto and Shane Mosley both have proven their power against better opposition and higher weight classes than Lucas. It's not even close, really.

Shane Mosley knocked out Vargas twice at welterweight, bullet proof Margarito at welterweight, and Mayorga at light middleweight.

Cotto knocked out Zab Judah at welterweight, Mayorga and Margarito at light middleweight, Sergio Martinez and Daniel Geale at middleweight.

Lucas has one good knockout on his entire record, Lamont Peterson at 140 pounds. That's it, he has no other quality knockouts on his resume, unless you count guys that a dime a dozen, that Cotto and Mosley have knocked out by the dozen.

13. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Did I really just read that Cotto isnt a puncher? And Mosley?

<bball1>

4daLuLZ, JayE, Hagler and 3 others like this.
  14. Shoemaker

Shoemaker ****BOILERPLATE**** Platinum Member

A Boat With Shannon Briggs, Right Behind You
    Lost @ Deepwater Jew. That should have been Yuri Foremans nickname.

15. Shoemaker

People are poking fun at you, and you're taking that pretty seriously. We rib each other around here. It's not going to stop, so my friendly suggestion would be to play the game and have some fun. It's the internet, after all.

Hagler, Jhonni5 and ironfist05 like this.
  16. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

Cotto wasnt knockout artist though, these guys are not pillow punchers only Bradley and Algieri were, Mosley didnt throw any shots against Manny he ran that fight and got blisters on his feet, so we dont know if Manny would have been able to take his shot, Mosley hurt Mayweather very bad.

Mayweather actually fought more vicious punchers Maidana, Corrales in his prime, Mosley in his prime, and even Canelo, Victor Ortiz, and Andre Berto.

Here is Austin Trout saying Lucas Matthysse hit him harder than anyone he ever fought or sparred, like I said before Im scared for Pacquiao at his age in this fight, all Lucas needs is to graze him to wobble him and then Lucas will go for the kill he is hungry, Pac already tasted the glory and money and fame, Lucas is going to bring the heat for sure

17. TidWell

TidWell Red Belt

I know when people are joking and no I am not taking it seriously, they are, they dam near had a heart attack when I asked if Pacquiao would break top 50 if he beat Lucas, Spence, Garcia, etc.

18. Shoemaker

Oh no they didn't. They just took you to task on the implications of the question. I assure you, no one is taking you that seriously. No one is threatened or even offended by your posts. They're an easy target to have a good time. So like I said, join the fun. Or don't, it doesn't really prevent anyone else from having their fun.

JayE, Hagler, Jhonni5 and 1 other person like this.
  19. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

yeah bro, like, Manny Pac is a multi millionaire with an entire nation at his beck and call. We assure you TidWell, we're not offended or personally angry about this, we just think you're dumb and don't know the sport.

think of it this way: if I see a guy studying for the LSAT all day all night. Then he takes it and does terribly. I don't begrudge it for him, I'm not personally upset. I just hope that he gets better at it. And all we hope is that you, TidWell, do better at understanding the sport.

you just failed your boxing knowledge test. That's all.

JayE, Hagler, Jhonni5 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Shoemaker

I do pretty well with multiple choice, but things really fall apart at the essay section for me. My MMath is pretty good though.

JayE and ironfist05 like this.