Is it possible we could see Mcgregor vs. Ferguson in 2018 ?

SVG

The Porkchop Express
Banned
Reaction score
While Ferguson seems to be nursing an elbow injury (and getting back to full fitness), there has been a few pictures floating around of Mcgregor training Jiu Jitsu specifically.

Do you think that we could actually see this fight happen in 2018 ? For me personally this is a fight that i really want to see happen. Mcgregor training a lot of Jiu Jitsu must be some sort of indication that he is thinking about Ferguson, seen as a lot of Tony's finish are by submission's.

So who do you guys think will win if they fight ? It's a tough one to call for me. I can see Conor landing a lot on Tony but if Tony escapes those dangerous early rounds he could end up swarming Conor later on.

I think it would be a massive injustice if these two don't fight each other.

086_Conor_McGregor_vs_Diego_Brandao_gallery_post.0.jpg

120415-ufc-Tony-Ferguson-pi-mp.vresize.1200.675.high_.3.jpg

It's tough cause the only question is will Tony's chin hold up? If it does, Conor's all his. If it doesn't his toast. As far as the fight getting made, It's possible for sure whenever Conor decides to stop postponing the negotiation completion.

I guess that's up to Conor McGregor.

Which is ridiculous.

I would say it is McGregor’s most likely next fight, but who the hell knows.

Absolutely. Why wouldn't the fight happen? It's always been Conor's plan to fight Tony.

In Glasgow months ago: "I plan to defend my belt and unify the division. That means a lot to me"

You seriously think Conor is "afraid" of Tony? Tony who was nearly finished by a FW?

The same Conor who fought his toughest match up -the big bad boogieman wrestler Mendes, on short notice?

The same Conor who boxed Floyd in a boxing ring (winning numerous rounds)

The same Conor who accepted a very dangerous Nate on short notice at 170

The same Conor who lost to Nate at 170, then avenged the loss JUST 5 MONTHS LATER AT THE SAME WEIGHT OF 170

Let's get real lol...

But I guess because Conor simply wanted to take a little time off (after making history against Floyd) impatient, self entitled dweebs started running wild with all kinds of hate/trolling non sense

It seems with all the recent events that have been taking place, people have forgotten just how great of a fighter Conor actually is. Conor will remind the world once again when he sparks Tony

The truth is, Tony is tailor made to get counter fucked by Conor, with all his gaping defensive flaws

....And NO, Tony does NOT have the chin of Nate. It took Thompson numerous flush head kicks and vicious ground and pound to finally force a ref stoppage over Nate. How many times have you actually ever seen Nate just floored and concussed?

Meanwhile Tony has been absolutely floored hard multiple times in multiple fights. Tony has much more of an Alvarez chin if anything

Tony gets dropped a lot, like Alvarez, but he recovers well, like Alvarez

But good luck "recovering" against a sniper counter puncher like Conor who's hitting you on the sweet spot every single time with every single strike, and constantly making you pay.

Tony has never been finished. Aldo and Alvarez had never been finished either until Conor

I'm thinking Conor in round 2 via out cold KO. Tony rushes in too upright, too much. Hes gonna rush face first into a counter from Conor and get put out stiff. It's collisions that do the most damage

If you want more specifics and any detailed breakdowns let me know guys

Last edited:
Yes I see it happening no later than july 4th weekend fightcard. They'll probably have to pay Conor at least 20m total which Dana has said he's worth every dollar. I think Conor wins.

We will definitely see that fight in 2018. It's just a question of how much it's going to cost to get Conor in there.

I guess that's up to Conor McGregor.

Which is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. It's the same as every other fight ever. In order to make it happen the promotion has to come to financial terms with both fighters. That's the only hurdle.

Last edited:
Hope so

In fact I hope Conor keeps hanging about with bank robbers
Sorting his mates out with flake
Banging pop stars (allegedly)
And ultimately burns through that 100 mill fast
So he comes back motivated to get a big fight with Tony

Hope so

In fact I hope Conor keeps hanging about with bank robbers
Sorting his mates out with flake
Banging pop stars (allegedly)
And ultimately burns through that 100 mill fast
So he comes back motivated to get a big fight with Tony
Conor should be forced to vacate like he was at 45......Unification should have already been booked FFS.

Conor should be forced to vacate like he was at 45......Unification should have already been booked FFS.
Thing is i actually like Conor. I like both of these fighters but the stalling of the divisions is what kills me.

Last edited:
Yes

He'll defend his belt

I hope so. And sadly, after all this waiting, I think Conor will run through El Cucuy. Just watch Ferguson vs Lee and you see that a rudimentary striker like Lee was hitting Ferguson with quite a few good punches. If he's proven to be hittable in a fight vs Lee, he's obviously going to get hit vs Conor. And even Vannata floored Ferguson. I think Conor will win by TKO.

Unless, of course, Tony can take Conor down. If he does it could be over very quickly.

Absolutely. Why wouldn't the fight happen? It's always been Conor's plan to fight Tony.

In Glasgow months ago: "I plan to defend my belt and unify the division. That means a lot to me"

You seriously think Conor is "afraid" of Tony? Tony who was nearly finished by a FW?

The same Conor who fought his toughest match up -the big bad boogieman wrestler Mendes, on short notice?

The same Conor who boxed Floyd in a boxing ring (winning numerous rounds)

The same Conor who accepted a very dangerous Nate on short notice at 170

The same Conor who lost to Nate at 170, then avenged the loss JUST 5 MONTHS LATER AT THE SAME WEIGHT OF 170

Let's get real lol...

But I guess because Conor simply wanted to take a little time off (after making history against Floyd) impatient, self entitled dweebs started running wild with all kinds of hate/trolling non sense

It seems with all the recent events that have been taking place, people have forgotten just how great of a fighter Conor actually is. Conor will remind the world once again when he sparks Tony

The truth is, Tony is tailor made to get counter fucked by Conor, with all his gaping defensive flaws

....And NO, Tony does NOT have the chin of Nate. It took Thompson numerous flush head kicks and vicious ground and pound to finally force a ref stoppage over Nate. How many times have you actually ever seen Nate just floored and concussed?

Meanwhile Tony has been absolutely floored hard multiple times in multiple fights. Tony has much more of an Alvarez chin if anything

Tony gets dropped a lot, like Alvarez, but he recovers well, like Alvarez

But good luck "recovering" against a sniper counter puncher like Conor who's hitting you on the sweet spot every single time with every single strike, and constantly making you pay.

Tony has never been finished. Aldo and Alvarez had never been finished either until Conor

I'm thinking Conor in round 2 via out cold KO. Tony rushes in too upright, too much. Hes gonna rush face first into a counter from Conor and get put out stiff. It's collisions that do the most damage

If you want more specifics and any detailed breakdowns let me know guys

giphy.gif

I honestly think he pushes for the GSP fight at CW... Conor’s MO always leads him to the dangerous but lucrative or low-risk/high reward fights and unfortunately for us that not El Cucey

Why would the champion want to bother with a retired fighter? Ferg should be taking on the winner of Khalabeeb/Barboza.

one of them is running away and looking for options.
Conmor already made it clear that he is the real McRunner

Back