Is it possible nearly all MMA athletes are on PED's?

A dozen busts this year thus far out of about 540 fighters. Most of them (changing roster) have been tested now for a few years. The number of busts was 4 times as big in USADA's first year with the UFC, which was still below 10%.

Most fighters can't afford to try to get around USADA's testing program. They're poor, barely cover training and travel costs, and then there's injury rehab.

So I find it hard to believe most are on T, EPO or growth. The risk/reward isn't there anymore like it was in the past and the number of busts is low.

Last edited:
conor-mcgregor-and-nate-diaz-clashed-wednesday-ufc-196-press-conference..jpg

Anyone else find it odd that a majority of guys on TUF aren't ripped like guys in the UFC?
Most of them are fighting a division higher than they would normally because of the repeated weight cuts so they naturally look a bit softer

That said, the att v bz season, att especially looked like utter shit

All on PEDS. Some use illegal ones and some use the ones that are not illegal

We know for a fact alot of them are, this is a fact.

Well how the hell do you get to the number 1 spot how do you become champion when doing so is almost an impossible task without even having to face PED users?

Then if theres plenty of PED users too, that you have to face the odds of becoming champion go from minute to impossible.

So that would NECESSITATE PED use for everyone otherwise you do not have a realistic chance of becoming the best in your division, you do not have a realistic chance anyway but then add PED use to your competition and it would lower the already slim chances a hell of alot more.

I mean PED users are using long term and not even making it to number 1 so how is a natural guy supposed to get to number 1?

This would almost necessitate PED use for anyone that wants to be the champion which is pretty much all fighters competing

This makes me wonder if they are nearly all on PED's ?

Same goes for the Olympics
live 2.gif

A dozen busts this year thus far out of about 540 fighters. Most of them (changing roster) have been tested now for a few years. The number of busts was 4 times as big in USADA's first year with the UFC, which was still below 10%.

nah, its been pretty steady throughtout..

number of positives per month (based on date announced) - there were none in the first few months but the program didnt really start till October 1st 2015

pospermonth.png

2015 2
2016 23
2017 13

if the last few months of 2017 repeat previous months or the close of 2016 then 2017 will end up on around 19-20 positives, pretty much the same as 2016

Since the beginning of competitive sports if someone told a player sticking banana pills up your ass would give you a competitive advantage, guys would do try it.

We don't have a billion dollar supplement industry for nothing. Humans are just wired for this shit.

People are willing to go to the ends of the earth when big money is on the line.

If you approached any ufc fighter and let them know you had access to the next level undetectable steroid, they would all be lining up to take it.

I am sure some guys are clean, much more now with USADA, but before USADA, very few.

The human body is not made to endure MMA training and (especially) fighting on a regular basis. Because of self-righteous pricks in the media and MMA fandom in general, fighters aren't allowed to take anything to aid recovery and healing from training and fighting and we're stuck with injuries, cancelled fights, and shitty performances.

I hope it's worth it

Every professional athlete on the planet, in all sports, are using PEDs.
MMA specifically was essentially built on PEDs. It's part of the game.

nah, its been pretty steady throughtout..

number of positives per month (based on date announced) - there were none in the first few months but the program didnt really start till October 1st 2015

View attachment 287785

2015 2
2016 23
2017 13

if the last few months of 2017 repeat previous months or the close of 2016 then 2017 will end up on around 19-20 positives, pretty much the same as 2016

Thanks. 6 weeks ago Novitzky mentioned adverse events for the first 18 months at 37, while when Jones popped and he was there with Dana to talk about it he said 9 thus far for this year, but since then there have been more. Pretty low percentages whether the numbers stay the same or go up a bit for this year.

We know for a fact alot of them are, this is a fact.

Well how the hell do you get to the number 1 spot how do you become champion when doing so is almost an impossible task without even having to face PED users?

Then if theres plenty of PED users too, that you have to face the odds of becoming champion go from minute to impossible.

So that would NECESSITATE PED use for everyone otherwise you do not have a realistic chance of becoming the best in your division, you do not have a realistic chance anyway but then add PED use to your competition and it would lower the already slim chances a hell of alot more.

I mean PED users are using long term and not even making it to number 1 so how is a natural guy supposed to get to number 1?

This would almost necessitate PED use for anyone that wants to be the champion which is pretty much all fighters competing

This makes me wonder if they are nearly all on PED's ?

Same goes for the Olympics

Its quite possible. Its also possible that they're all uncaught murderers, or all expert chess players, or all secretly speak six languages.

The question is not whether its possible, but how likely it is. And the problem is we don't know. Athletes don't even tell their teammates and coaches if they're using now (congress getting teammates to talk about themselves in baseball took care of that), so even the fighters themselves are only speculating on others use.

I'd guess probably most of them are, but its just a guess. I've zero proof of this. Neither I suspect does anyone else. Accusations that can't be proven are meaningless.

Thanks. 6 weeks ago Novitzky mentioned adverse events for the first 18 months at 37, while when Jones popped and he was there with Dana to talk about it he said 9 thus far for this year, but since then there have been more. Pretty low percentages whether the numbers stay the same or go up a bit for this year.

the average rate of positive under wada is about .7% of samples, UFC have been running at about 1%

i'd say less than 1/3, more than 80% is a ridiculous number and anyone who is educated know that's bullshit

Back