Is it OK to bring kids to gay pride events?

My point was that when you bring your kids to an event with several 1000+ people they see something inappropriate.
St. Patrick's day is a nice celebration of Irish culture with most people just having a few drinks and a good time.
But you will always have people that overdo it. For example blackout drunk, fights, inappropriate screaming etc.

Same with gay pride parade. Usually, a celebration of equality but some people might overdo it.
But I do not see a difference between the fights or drunkenness than gay guys overdoing it.
I mean you can't shield your children from everything.
Sure if I think it is too much I wouldn't go. The same applies to other parades or large events.
But I wouldn't generally say I don't bring my kids to a gay pride parade. Just because there might be the chance of them seeing something inappropriate. I would evaluate that on a case by case basis.
They might see something inappropriate at those other parades, but it's guaranteed they will see two dudes pretend fucking at a pride parade.

I'm no prude, and think the puritanical stance towards nudity in North America is laughable. That doesn't mean perversion and hedonism should be advertised to kids before they're ready. Adults who have an understanding of the subject matter can make their own choices. Kids who are taken to these events involuntarily not so much.

It has nothing to do with the fact that such people exist. It has everything to do with associating them (falsely) with LGBT who are welcome to do whatever they want with other consenting adults. It's just homophobic slurs and nonsense that connect the two that should be pointed out at every stage.
but once you start going down that road, where do you draw the line. what happens when some fifteen year old boy wants to marry his female school teacher? or a sister wants to marry a brother? although i have heard that is legal in some states in america.

Americans are so strange.
They think it is the end of the world when their kids see a naked dude on the street.
So what a bunch of guys are kissing and run around naked. I certainly would prefer my children get in contact with that early while I can explain to them what is happening.

I would have a much bigger problem exposing my children to religion than to the gay community.
your not the full quid are you bud. comparing open debauchery and religion is pretty fucked. what about fucking animals? is that all cool to? because you know that was accepted in pompei, the same path we are heading down.

It’s the next step though. People who legitimize mental illnesses like trans can’t argue for one and not the other.
na, some crazy bitch marrying her dog will be the next step. mark my words on that one. it won't be a male marrying their goat, because with the #meto movement you couldn't be sure if there was 100% consent. a women marrying her dog would be ok though.

When will we introduce an "lgbt discount" like we have for the military and senior citizens? I think they deserve it.

Kids shouldn't be brought to parades that celebrate either heterosexuality or homosexuality.

When you're 8 years old, you should have other priorities.

Looking back on myself as a kid, I would've probably been bored to death by such a parade, and it would've left a negative impression. When you're a kid, you don't really know shit about people's "sexuality" and you don't necessarily need to.

Why can’t people keep their annoying kids at home?

Like Stugris, it's not for kids

th
th

Lol so the US has a STD and unwanted pregnancy problem because we aren't exposing 6 yr olds to adult sexuality?

{<huh}

You're loony as hell man. Young children don't need to see adult sex. Kids need to stay kids as long as possible and enjoy innocent kid stuff, not exposure to how dicks, pussies and cumshots work. <SelenaWow>

Also, U.S. problem with STDs and unwanted pregnancies has a lot to do with kids growing up being exposed to sex, being molested, lack of father/mother and family support. In the U S. we have health class that generally starts around 6/7th grade and delves into STDs and sex. It's the right age as it's right when their minds are developing for sex having going through the hormonal puberty stage.

Get educated, please don't procreate and stay the hellll outta the U.S.

No its because you don't educate them and are uncomfortable talking about it. As a parent, you don't have to expose your children to sex. You just have to make sure they can deal with the sexuality that is all around them. For example, why would anyone wait for their children to be thought sexuality in school via health class.
Its because you guys are so uncomfortable about sexuality you rather let your government do it for you.

That is typical American hypocrisy. The government should stay out of business except when it comes to explaining sexuality to my children. In that case, it makes me uncomfortable to talk about genitals.

That is just another battle won in America's successful crusade about common sense.
Explaining sex to your kids that is a big no. Because they are supposed to be innocent.
Exposing your child to hardcore violence and guns in every aspect of society no problem. They have to be prepared for the real world.
And now you guys have the worst effects in terms of violence and unwanted pregnancy/STD than all other developed countries.

But hey if it helps you to live the delusion another day go for it.

this is why gays should not have the right to adopt childs

Sure. There are lots of family friendly eents during Pride here.

I've been to a few pride events. I'm supportive of the community because I have a lot of gay friends. The gay community, for the most part, are good people.

However, the pride events that I've attended have been nothing but a debauch. So, no. I would absolutely not bring my kids to such an event.

No its because you don't educate them and are uncomfortable talking about it. As a parent, you don't have to expose your children to sex. You just have to make sure they can deal with the sexuality that is all around them. For example, why would anyone wait for their children to be thought sexuality in school via health class.
Its because you guys are so uncomfortable about sexuality you rather let your government do it for you.

That is typical American hypocrisy. The government should stay out of business except when it comes to explaining sexuality to my children. In that case, it makes me uncomfortable to talk about genitals.

That is just another battle won in America's successful crusade about common sense.
Explaining sex to your kids that is a big no. Because they are supposed to be innocent.
Exposing your child to hardcore violence and guns in every aspect of society no problem. They have to be prepared for the real world.
And now you guys have the worst effects in terms of violence and unwanted pregnancy/STD than all other developed countries.

But hey if it helps you to live the delusion another day go for it.
Sexuality all around them lmao. Little kids don't need sexuality all around them.

Americans aren't uncomfortable about sexuality, you aren't American, you don't got a clue, you're merely speaking out of 3rd party ignorance.

I don't see anything wrong with talking to your kids about sexuality at the appropriate age where they can understand it coupled with school having a class on sexual education and how the human body works. I don't know why you brought up the Govt. educating kids on sex, the Govt. educates kids on a lot of subjects and sex ed is very informational especially with human anatomy. Six year olds aren't mature enough for that shit.

Looks like we aren't going to agree on this subject and you don't even have kids so...

<DisgustingHHH>

If they had hetero events with sexuality on display I wouldn't take them there either.

Naked ugly people marching with dildos and inflatable dick balloons?

Fuck that. I don't care who they go home with but I don't want to hang out in that crowd with or without kids.

I'll take my kids to a Black Lives Matter march but never to a Pride event unless the party goers could keep it rated PG.

Pride events?

Look at all those men!

And look at the symbol of Pride a fist!
hqdefault.jpg

Seems to be the courageous thing to do these days...

Upset-child.png

gayprideparade.jpg

children_1.jpg

does this actually happen at most pride events, or just a select cherrypicked few?

of the people who are opposed to this....do you let kids watch people being shot on tv?

Raising a family in SF I can say my son can avoid several events until he is an appropriate age, but it's hard to avoid Bay to Breakers since it spills through the city all day.

Hearing him say "why are those penises so small" was pretty fucking funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back