Is it OK to bring kids to gay pride events?

Americans are so strange.
They think it is the end of the world when their kids see a naked dude on the street.
So what a bunch of guys are kissing and run around naked. I certainly would prefer my children get in contact with that early while I can explain to them what is happening.

I would have a much bigger problem exposing my children to religion than to the gay community.

Other people can do what they want. There's no way in hell I'd bring my children to something like that. Or attend it myself for that matter.

They think it is the end of the world when their kids see a naked dude on the street.
So what a bunch of guys are kissing and run around naked. I certainly would prefer my children get in contact with that early while I can explain to them what is happening.

I would have a much bigger problem exposing my children to religion than to the gay community.

There's some very weird sexual shit that goes on at some of those events and I don't think they are the least bit kid friendly. I wouldn't be having young children exposed to hetero couples mass-gyrating mostly naked with each other either.

Do you have any idea how stupid kids are? You can show 10 kids an electrical socket, tell them sticking their finger in it is bad, and 4 will still have to try to really learn. What happens when one of these kids goes to school and tries recreating what he saw on the street with a buddy. Is it ok if an adult just explains that "you can't do in school what you saw happening in a street" to a five year old? We're looking at some young fucking kids here man.

We're definitely a sexually oppressed country in a lot of ways, but not taking kids to a festival full of overt sexuality and nudity isn't exactly "being prude". Some shit is just for adults. Dudes wanna hi-one eachother once a year to celebrate a part of their identity, more power to them. Leave kids out of it.

In San Francisco, during Pride weekend, people are allowed to walk around naked in the streets, and I am not kidding.

There should be no exemptions to nudity laws and we have PG ratings in movies for a reason.

There's some very weird sexual shit that goes on at some of those events and I don't think they are the least bit kid friendly. I wouldn't be having young children exposed to hetero couples mass-gyrating mostly naked with each other either.

I am no expert on gay parades like most people here.

But from what I see most of them are just like any other parade.
I mean people take their kids to St. Patrick day parade.
And you have some people so drunk they pass out or throw up all over themselves. Same for New Years parade.
But no one would ask is it ok to take your kids to those parades. It is just that people have problems with the gays.
It makes them uncomfortable.

And you have some people so drunk they pass out or throw up all over themselves. Same for New Years parade.
But no one would ask is it ok to take your kids to those parades. It is just that people have problems with the gays.

People take their kids to the start of those celebrations but anyone who has their children with them on New Years Eve near midnight is a sociopath. Where I live they do fireworks displays on New Years Eve at both 8:30 and midnight... one for the families and one at midnight. Midnight is not an appropriate time for children to be out especially at NYE for all the reasons you suggest.

Just like what makes New Years and St. Patricks Day not a good idea to bring your kids to, only without any of the innocence associated with the calendar changing and an Irish holiday themed with luck and leprechauns.

I wouldn't bring my kids to either of those events after a certain time, because at a certain point adults will be adults and celebration will take precedent over decency. The problem is gay pride parades are inherently a celebration of an adult subject, and the large ones attract a crowd that wants to celebrate that overtly.

If we're talking 50 people in the street dressed normally having an innocent celebration of equality, I'm all for that. But these events aren't celebrations of equality, they're celebrations of not having to hide one's sexual orientation with outward displays of that sexual orientation. There's no reason to expose kids to the sexuality of adults.

I think your a troll.

Maybe celebrations are different in different areas. In Toronto St. Patrick's Day and the official city run New Years event are 100% family oriented events. Pride couldn't be further from it. The local 24hr news station has to run a viewer discretion advisory constantly the entire weekend.

People take their kids to the start of those celebrations but anyone who has their children with them on New Years Eve near midnight is a sociopath. Where I live they do fireworks displays on New Years Eve at both 8:30 and midnight... one for the families and one at midnight. Midnight is not an appropriate time for children to be out especially at NYE for all the reasons you suggest.

My point was that when you bring your kids to an event with several 1000+ people they see something inappropriate.
St. Patrick's day is a nice celebration of Irish culture with most people just having a few drinks and a good time.
But you will always have people that overdo it. For example blackout drunk, fights, inappropriate screaming etc.

Same with gay pride parade. Usually, a celebration of equality but some people might overdo it.
But I do not see a difference between the fights or drunkenness than gay guys overdoing it.
I mean you can't shield your children from everything.
Sure if I think it is too much I wouldn't go. The same applies to other parades or large events.
But I wouldn't generally say I don't bring my kids to a gay pride parade. Just because there might be the chance of them seeing something inappropriate. I would evaluate that on a case by case basis.

No it's not. Kids shouldn't be exposed to a celebration of sexuality before they've sexually matured in any way.

Shit's dumb, but I don't get gay pride events anyway. When straight people gather to celebrate sexuality we just call it an orgy.

First sentence answered the thread. Nothing to see here.

Well apparently it is glorified in today's society to dress up your 10 year old kid as some olympic-level poof, and bring him to see obscenities, but I'll have none of that.

The only good thing about this is that in most cases, this is rather the exception and these degenerates usually die without spreading their sick genepool.

I feel really bad for the few kids who grow up like that though, as the signalling tool of some inadequate parent. Very sad.

th

Are you going full progress out of spite or simply lost your mind or just trolling?

I can't tell.

No. Same for Mardi Gras-type events too. People like to pretend pride parades are the height of moral degeneracy when "straight" events have been doing it for ages.

Back