Is it medically supported that people can develop glass jaws by blows to the head(Chuck Lidell)

It would be terribly dangerous to say "Sure, you''ll notice something if it is serious"
Yes, you will likely notice the effect soon, but...
Some people may think "it's just a bell rang in my head" only to collapse few hours later. So in a way - NO. There is no 100% sure way to tell how serious head trauma was without MRI or some other deagnostics...

I agree. Not to mention the effects of cumulative head trauma. You might come out of a hard-fought war feeling pretty shit for a few days, but then feel like you want to get back in there after a couple of weeks. But even if you weren't KOd the effects will stay with you. Then going back into the ring to be punched in the head some more isn't exactly what the doctor ordered.

I agree. Not to mention the effects of cumulative head trauma. You might come out of a hard-fought war feeling pretty shit for a few days, but then feel like you want to get back in there after a couple of weeks. But even if you weren't KOd the effects will stay with you. Then going back into the ring to be punched in the head some more isn't exactly what the doctor ordered.

Getting punched in the head will never be what the doctor ordered.

I mean, seriously. No doctor is ever going to advice that taking repeated blows to the head is a great thing for your continued health.

Getting punched in the head will never be what the doctor ordered.

I mean, seriously. No doctor is ever going to advice that taking repeated blows to the head is a great thing for your continued health.

Yeah I mean it's just an expression...

Let's take Chuck Lidell. Rogan claims that the strikes that knocked Chuck out later in his carrier were things that Chuck would concider tip-taps before. And if Rogan says so it must be true, right?

And I guess the risk of sustaining a first time concussion is the same for everybody?
Absolutely not. There are similarities, obviously, but there is no "gold standard" here. Different bone structure, different size of the brain, different tissues, different necks, the moment and the type of collision etc. If you were blessed with the iron jaw, you may be able to handle more, or it could be the opposite - the jaw would help you accumulate more long-term damage without noticing anything... Absolutely no way to predict anything... Stay alert and take care of your sparring partners (and ask them do the same)

Those 3 KO losses at the end of Liddell's career were shots that would have put any man down.

ktfo-chuckvs-rashad.gif

Right on the button

34he96p.gif

The whole force of Shoguns body came forward and connected. A perfect shot.

ibkwfc.gif

Chuck got sloppy and Rich smashed Chuck's chin into his throat

He didn't develop a glass jaw, he didn't evolve and lost to better fighters.

Absolutely not. There are similarities, obviously, but there is no "gold standard" here. Different bone structure, different size of the brain, different tissues, different necks, the moment and the type of collision etc. If you were blessed with the iron jaw, you may be able to handle more, or it could be the opposite - the jaw would help you accumulate more long-term damage without noticing anything... Absolutely no way to predict anything... Stay alert and take care of your sparring partners (and ask them do the same)

I also want to ask if a kick to the jaw is less bad for your brain than to the forehead? I got a bomb to my jaw by a pro and it did nothing to me.

I think you're full of baloney.

Even hardasses where I used to train 20 years ago used mouthguards.

Now you got bombed by a "pro" in this so called gym that doesn't know about the importance of proper equipment?

Yeah. I guess it should come as no surprise that I have actually never suffered a concussion. I'm 28.

Back