Is it me or the Coachella festival just killed itself with the 2018 lineup

Voltron

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean fuck.......
Just look at the lineup, it’s all pop music and mumbling shit.
This generation is going to shit quickly

Just MHO, but it was never good. But then again Im stuck in 80's-early 90's punk.

I heard ya man, Now it seems like fucking Nickelodeon took over that shit

I looked at it. It seems typical of their lineups over the past several years. I guess Beyoncé is an odd headliner for a night but not surprising considering Coachella is basically like current day lollapalooza. It’s more trendy and basically a red carpet for celebrities to get pictured in their Dead Kennedys shirt and people to get out in the sticks for a weekend.

Even then, the lineup seems dominated by indie groups, DJs, and has beens per Coachella tradition.

They won’t make the mistake of converting to mumbling rap format. Even a lot of rap fans know rap shows typically suck and exposes many rappers. I’m gonna guess the auto tune mumblers especially.

Not saying there aren’t kick ass rap shows. I’ve seen plenty but they are really feast or famine. I love Wu Tang Clan, but boy did I just shake my head in disappointnent when I saw them live.

Last edited:
I see Vince Staples, Tyler The Creator, A Perfect Circle, SZA, Brockhampton and those are pretty much the only ones that catch my attention. It could be worse for sure though.

I can believe it. The college radio station over here that used to play modern rock stuff from the 80's to 2000's now plays foo foo pop crap.

I mean fuck.......
Just look at the lineup, it’s all pop music and mumbling shit.
This generation is going to shit quickly

I can't look at it because you never posted it....

<{vega}> .

I heard ya man, Now it seems like fucking Nickelodeon took over that shit
Why da fuck you talking bad on nick
nickelodeon.jpg

Just check the loolapoloza line up for CHILE and ARGENTINA....
A6042D3D-7E11-495A-A29F-63057DC8DC93.jpeg

Attachments

• E4ECEBC4-56A5-478F-9842-92642D5722C7.jpeg
    E4ECEBC4-56A5-478F-9842-92642D5722C7.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 1
TFW when you know who maybe 5% of those bands are.
HCHC20i.gif

Im spoiled living in Austin where we get ACL and SXSW every year.

Back