Is it me or is Urijah half-assing this season?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The Ultimate Fighter 15 - Full dedication to training the team and coaching ringside
The Ultimate Fighter 22 - Full dedication to training the team and coaching ringside.
The Ultimate Fighter 25 - ??????

Does it seem like Urijah is not 100% dedicated to this season of TUF?

He's rarely seen in any footage after the 4th episode. His cameos are practically nonexistent in later episodes.
He was nowhere to be seen during the coaches challenge.
He notices Team Alpha Male beginning an ugly losing streak at the start of the season, yet doesn't stick around to make improvements.
On top of that, I noticed he was giving out irrelevant advice or useless information to the fighters.
In an episode where he was training Eddie Gordon, he was teaching him how Nick Diaz fights. WHAT?
In another episode with Hassan, he was telling him that Lima was his first pick. WHAT?
In an episode where he was training Nunez, he was telling him he could win the whole tournament easily. WHAT?
Then he tells him if he loses, there's a wildcard spot for him. WHAT?
After I watch the entire season again, I'll notice more.

Was he removed from the show or did he have obligations?

Last edited:
Bah he wanted it to be Cody's show, and took a back seat to allow him to shine through apparently. But if I was him I'd be getting in quickly because they're making TAM look like huge douche bags and a shitty coaching team

It could just be editing or how they wanted the show to play out by who they bring to what episodes

Both urijah and Duane are pretty laid back and aren't trying to actively start shit. So neither of them are really in the show, they have buccholz present for everything instead

Plus, someone has to run alpha male's gym while all of urijahs coaches are in vegas

its pretty clear Urijah is mostly in it for himself whenever he does anything

Cruz was spot on when he said he only promotes his guys because he gets a percentage

I think Urijah took a backseat.. Didn't he try to get Cody to pick a different fighter at the beginning, but Cody decided to ignore him? After that im sure Urijah decided its Cody's shit show

Lol, I read uriajh HALL instead of HALF in the title and had to do a quadruple read to realize I'm a fucking idiot

Edit I actually processed HALL HALF instead of just HALF

it makes sense since he's only half the size of a real man, but on the other hand, he literally has two asses, so there's no excuse for half assing this shit.

it makes sense since he's only half the size of a real man, but on the other hand, he literally has two asses, so there's no excuse for half assing this shit.

This is hateful but very funny.

Didn't read all that, but you have to understand that this show is heavily edited. Its impossible to know how much time Urijah actually spent training there without asking someone who was there

Back