Is it me or is the Mayweather vs McGregor fight losing steam?

ESPN reported Saturday there a lot seats available. The prices are too high for many MMA fans.

The number of comments per article on MMAMania seems way down.

Makes me wonder if the UFC/MMA bubble is popping.
This is a boxing fight. Why would any MMA fan waste any money on a boxing fight? You don't make any sense.

My goal is to give this fight less and less attention to the point where I can Completely ignore it by the 26. I want to focus on better stuff in my life.

This is a boxing fight. Why would any MMA fan waste any money on a boxing fight? You don't make any sense.

A lot of the PPV's are going to come from casuals, the Irish, MMA/Conor fans in that order. Boxing fans will be dead last in terms buying this farce.

How much do you think this fight losing steam is due to every mainstream media outlet(espn, fox, bleacher report etc) crapping all over the fight & making it look like a clown show?
Part of it is media making it look like a clown show.
The other part is people realizing it's a clown show

I know UFC is still behind Conor, but it's funny how he is losing momentum right now. There's no mma threads about him. First half of year was really not good for UFC, no big fights, but second half is very promising,and many fans don't even think he will be mma fighter after this fight. Boxing is kinda ignoring this fight, so Conor lost platform to promote his name.

I know UFC is still behind Conor, but it's funny how he is losing momentum right now. There's no mma threads about him. First half of year was really not good for UFC, no big fights, but second half is very promising,and many fans don't even think he will be mma fighter after this fight. Boxing is kinda ignoring this fight, so Conor lost platform to promote his name.

Sure he lost the platform to promote his name by being 24/7 a topic on every sportshow in the american television.

1+1=3 ?

My goal is to give this fight less and less attention to the point where I can Completely ignore it by the 26. I want to focus on better stuff in my life.
You sound like a jaded ex girlfriend

My interest is there, I will be watching regardless of who else does!

ESPN reported Saturday there a lot seats available. The prices are too high for many MMA fans.

The number of comments per article on MMAMania seems way down.

Makes me wonder if the UFC/MMA bubble is popping.
I have no doubt the PPV buys will be nice but it may be an empty looking arena lol

My thoughts now are that it wont come close to breaking the Pacman fight. Hardly any boxing fan nor boxer wants to see an MMA fighter who already has no chance in a boxing ring fight a boxer that always ran from championship boxers during a 12 round period. They picture a guy with an 0-0 record not landing a punch in 12 rounds and Floyd doing his original game plan which has proven to be boring to watch. That being $100 to watch it on tv.......

NO thank you

I wanna watch mcg knock him out and be inspired to change my life
or
drink myself to death if mayweather wins
who am I kidding, drinking myself to death whatever happens, but I wish you well on your life changes.

i feel it too the PC were very WWEish maybe a sign of how the actual fight will go a real freakshow circus and floyd having the power over the judges and ref calls even further hurts it

was disappointed by them compered to the diaz and even eddie PCs tbh

id be shocked if this does over 4M ppv
They need a betting line on if it will break the PAC/MAY record. I feel it will not come close

Hear me out Sherdoggers, dont just take the judge a thread by its title like 75% of the posters here.

I am losing interest in the fight.

When it was first announced, it was mainstream, a "SHOCKER"...couldn't go on any social media site or MMA siite without seeing a top headline of any sorts involving the historic fight. You couldn't go anywhere without getting a point of view of an analyst, an article breaking down the fight. The fight is scheduled for August 26th which is right around the corner. Its Just the beginning of July and I have yet to see ONE advertisement, event announcement commercial or preview on basic Television. I get that there will be but for a fight of THIS POPULARITY and HISTORIC MAGNITUDE I would think theyd be throwing it out there left and right in our face a whole lot more than they are. If they plan on just promoting the fight on SHOWTIME where it will take place not everyone has it. I dont.

A casual can GOOGLE. MMA news and or boxing news and everything has been fairly quiet about it. You may see some tidbits here and there to keep it relevant but the main attractions are still the latest Boxing News such as Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn......GGG vs Alvarez etc.

Discuss?
I think most of us around here are just simply getting bored of each sides' breakdowns of the fight. The Conor crowd believes he will win, and the Floyd crowd believes he will win. As such, each side gives their specific breakdowns and posts videos from youtube to try and sway others.

We all just need to stop analyzing the fight and just wait for it to happen.

how about we discuss actual fighting on sherdog and not business & advertising lol
Well then my friend, you are in the wrong thread if interest in eyes on the fight isn't in your interest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back