Is it me or is has this season turned out to be a dud?

skobydog

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The remaining fighters aren't very exciting to me. No one really stands out. Usually I'll see either a few potentially talented fighters or a couple of knuckleheads that get my attention. This kind of reminds of the season with the Blackzillians and ATT, no one stood out.

Yeah. The only interesting fighter in the top 4 is Artem and he's not going to make noise in the UFC.

i like Artem and Saul. they got a ways to go, but they seem gewd.

you can't know it's a dud until 5 years from now.

You are not alone. I cannot get into this season either.
I also agree with the ATT Blackzillians season.
There hasn't really been any fighters that stand out for me for a while, but more so the show is just really stale.
Needs a revamp really bad.
I liked it when the family members came to visit the fighters before the fights, at least then I could sort of connect with them.

Most of the fights have been entertaining, much better than TUF 19 and TUF 21. I really don't expect any of these fighters to get very far in terms of the title picture or top 15 status, however Saul Rogers is probably the most promising fighter. I did a little research too and most of these guys have fought at 145 before so I imagine a lot of them will be dropping a weight class after their finale fight. I wouldn't count them out because no one expected Neil Magny from the god awful TUF 16 to go anywhere and now he's a top 15 fighter at welterweight.

I think Saul is gonna take it. He's very well rounded with a good wrestling base.

I thought this season was a lot better than expected, best season since tuf 17 imo

No one really sticks out too much except Ryan Hall and Artem but I think there's a decent number of prospects on the show. I don't think any would be ready to really dive into deeper than the middle of the pack of their division, but I think in anotehr yaer or two some of them can start climbing the ranks

I agree that this season hasn't matched the build-up. The fights have been interesting, but the initial build-up of USA vs. Europe just never materialized since the Euro fighters dominated the competition. Generally, TUF seasons are memorable for several reasons: an awesome final fight (S1), one dominant fighter (Uriah Hall S17), drama in the house (Junie Browning S8), or coaching drama (GSP vs Koscheck S12). None of those really materialized this season...unless Artem vs. Ryan turns into an epic battle. There isn't really a dominant storyline to keep the viewers interested.

This was honestly the first TUF season that I've watched. I liked the whole Europe vs U.S. A theme so I thought I'd give it a go. At first I thought it would be cool because I figured the majority of team U.S.A would be wrestler heavy and that Europe would be mostly kickboxing heavy. The U.S team however looked like a bunch of random scrappers save for a few. I was expecting a lot of fights to go the Teymur vs. Johnny route.

Overall it wasn't too bad I guess. Artem coming back I had no problems with, but after seeing him on TUF talk, I'm rather annoyed by it now. He's like a monotone McGregor clone.

i liked this season
less bro drama and more concentration of the mindset of the fighters and their individual journeys

I find it funny that Americans cant accept that they got whooped. Ryan Hall was a God who shouldn't even be on TUF, who could only lose if somebody got lucky and clipped him as he slipped on the feces from the last poor soul he wrapped his legs around.

And Artem is all kinds of awesome who has given us some brutal KO's. I for one will be interested in how Saul, Artem, Hall and Lee's careers unravel.

the best part was conor and urijah going back and forth. that's the only reason i watched. i'm tired of the whole TUF concept. the UFC has more fighters than they know what to do with. MMA is huge so they don't have to use TUF to get new talent or sell the brand. time to put it out to pasture, IMO

Far from a dud... It was the best Tuf in awhile. Coaches where interesting and funny and the fights weren't terrible. Cant ask for much else

First half was pretty entertaining but 2nd was sort of sedate in comparison.

COlFno9VEAAhfSy.jpg

The season of the pits. How could it be a dud?

It hasn't been amazing, but it was better than TUF: ATT vs Blackzilians by a country mile.

I didn't watch 1 minute of TUF 20, coz I don't like WMMA, so can't comment on that one.

It shat all over TUF 19 which was flat-out dreadful.

i got tired of connor and his bullshit after about 5 episodes, ive have never seen a man so in love with the sound of his own voice.

Back