Is it mandatory to visit Cali at least once?

It's not mandatory, but it's worth visiting if you're into seeing different cultures in the US.
Although, Los Angeles is nothing like how it used to be in the 90's.
It was really wild and fun in the 90's, but now it's just a boring tourist trap.

I've always loved visiting Huntington Beach & Long Beach

I doubt you would regret the trip. Not that you are missing anything orgasmic. Everyone outside California kinda puts it on a pedestal. For the most part its full of everyday people doing everyday shit

the thing about california, is that it entirely depends on where in california you're at. the big cities like l.a., san francisco, sacramento, etc. are all pretty much the same in terms of vibe, and like any other large u.s. city in terms of culture. but if you go to the rural areas, it's just like any other rural state in the u.s. i was born and raised here, and haven't lived anywhere else. though i'm thinking that i'll eventually live someplace else just to experience something different.

I live in the south. Spend about half my time in Florida. Only other places I have seen is Texas(too long ago to remember much) and Washington(again too young to remember much)

Just from what I know about Commiefornia, I'm pretty sure I could never live there. But should I make a strong effort to at least visit for a week or so before I die? Is it "cant miss" fun? Does it really offer anything you cant get in other, better states?

I know is has great food and great weather. But so does Florida, and Florida has the benefit of not making you sit 5 hours in traffic for what should be a 30 minute commute.

to some degree yes.

I live in San Diego. Fantastic city but nothing is fantastic enough to justify the price of a 3 bedroom house for 750,000.00 or $2000 for a one bedroom apt. Fantastic city though.

I'm interested in this question as well.

I've visited San Diego, Palm Springs and San Fran but wondering if a Hollywood, L.A, Sacramento, Oakland, etc, etc, trip is worth it?

I would say no to Hollywood, LA, Sacramento, and Oakland. San Francisco is cool. San Diego is awesome. You hit the best 2 areas already IMO.

Back