Is it just me or did Sage Northcutt look like a world beater?

The combined UFC record of all the guys he beat is 2-9 FFS.

I was really impressed.

The guy is so physically powerful and explosive, and he's gigantic for a LW.

He has a long way to go, though.

he looked determined and showed some killer instinct but kind of left himself open. Same reason he got caught vs Gall. I think the improvement in wrestling he showed was outstanding though.

lmao no way is he going to beat the likes of Conor McGoat or Ferguson. Khabib would ragdoll him also. Let's not get carried away here.

I do think he is better than CM Punk and should win a rematch against Mickey Gall though.

He would get badly hurt by Ferg.
I like the guy, but this is fighting at the end of the day. I think you have to have that 'dark place' to make it.

Lightning fast stand up. All he needs is TDD and a ground game and he can be a champ within a few years. Training at team alpha male was the best choice for someone like him. He needs a killer scramble game. Now its all up to the UFC to play their cards right and build him up super slow.

What do you think?
Probably just your subconscious homosexuality. You want him inside you.

UFC trying to come up with marketable fighters that both men and women will find interesting. Like Paige or Ronda is nothing new but Sage is easily the most embarrassing and obvious attempt at this since I can remember, its just so forced and the guy is just not that good.

Just before you say “give him time” think about the legions of young, short, explosive kids that don’t look like a Ken doll that also deserve “time” to develop and don’t get it because they don’t look like Justin timberbieber or whatever the fuck his name is.

To top this off, I heard this guy in an interview and he seems nice and innocent but let’s just say he could read a book from time to time.

Sorry, but just you haha. He really does look like a Golden Retriever. All cute and yippity yappity!

The question is, wtf was he ever doing at 70? He is undefeated at 55, looked great there, but went to 70 and kept getting his ass whupped. The jump between 155 and 70 is one of the most difficult in MMA and you are dealing with some guys that walk around at hw size. Sage's biggest problem is he does not deal with adversity well and that can not be taught.

I want to see him vs Erick Silva at 170.

Two top prospects and only one winner, headliner for 219 for sure.

UFC trying to come up with marketable fighters that both men and women will find interesting. Like Paige or Ronda is nothing new but Sage is easily the most embarrassing and obvious attempt at this since I can remember, its just so forced and the guy is just not that good.

Just before you say “give him time” think about the legions of young, short, explosive kids that don’t look like a Ken doll that also deserve “time” to develop and don’t get it because they don’t look like Justin timberbieber or whatever the fuck his name is.

To top this off, I heard this guy in an interview and he seems nice and innocent but let’s just say he could read a book from time to time.
WME guna WME. They are in the star engineering business, not the fight one. Stars in MMA are made organically, not by someone telling us to like him. In the end, there is no where to hide once the cage door closes.

If an Irish plumber can become champ, then a guy like sage will not only become champ, but dominate the division

His double leg TDs reminded me of GSP.
Yeah, he had really good timing with it. He should have stayed longer with TriStar and modeled his game after GSP. But maybe he took enough from him already to work on his game elsewhere.

He looked like a well rounded fighter without any special moves. Top 10 at LW, nothing more.

Lightning fast stand up. All he needs is TDD and a ground game and he can be a champ within a few years. Training at team alpha male was the best choice for someone like him. He needs a killer scramble game. Now its all up to the UFC to play their cards right and build him up super slow.

What do you think?

Saw a lot of errors in his boxing. But very fast.

He looked great because he wasn't facing a grappler/bjj guy

He fought a 145r who was tailored for him.

Back