Is it just me.... (merged threads)

I see the news and fighter search. I guess my internet security is blocking the ads. Anyone using Firefox?

I'm not getting the scrolling issue everybody is talking about but the left alignment is a horrible place for an ad tower. I'm not getting a pop-up either. :icon_neut

ok ok ok, that was a little white lie about the scrolling problem :) but it is bad placement. lol im looking at a bunch of massage school ads...

i have firefox, and norton internet security firewall, and the ads are getting through.

It sucks, please remove or realign.

RespectIsEarned said:
What can I do to get rid of the stupid side banner advertisements? They will force me to leave this site in a short time.

Gotta say that is one slick looking AV.

Phalanx said:
Guys, scroll all the way to the very bottom of the page. You'll see a small bar that reads "Select Your Theme". Click on the arrow and highlight "V.2.0 - MOAB Ground Zero". For some reason, changing the layout of the forum eliminates the ads. It did for me, at least.

Good call, but damn that other background is ugly...

DridenGX said:
I see the news and fighter search.
me too. won't this show us spoiler results in the future? Sherdog.com always puts headlines and articles about results as soon as the event occurs. Mods, you may as well just eliminate the Spoiler forum if this sidebar thing will remain. personally, I don't mind though. no skin off my nose...

Agreed it's weird having it there on the left. Right would be better by far IMO.

Strict Nine said:
Or is everyone getting all these adds on the left side of the screen now, it sucks.

<----------- :eek:
YUP... BUt atleast its not like those annoying pop ups

I know Sherdog.com posts results to event ASAP, even events not officially aired in North America, so I hope the news section snippet on the left side of the forum won't contain spoilers. Or at least not giving away the result on the title. ie) Fighter XXX post fight interviews

I personally promise to sign up for a platinum membership if you take this stuff down.

If you guys join me in agreeing to buy a platinum account if it is changed it may help sway Jeff.

we know where to find the fight finder and the news is is the home page. if you view a news link or use the fight finder and those ads appear before you get to your selection, thats fine. the forums should not be compromised. i use my laptop and the screen is damm near split between the threads and links that nobody cares about. sherdog is set as my home page and before i enter the forums i read the daily news. people are in the forums to post. the site is great and i have been a long time fan. this new nonsense makes the forums look like an internet message board/advertising message board. i frequent these forums to discuss mma not to buy auto insurance.

Phalanx said:
Guys, scroll all the way to the very bottom of the page. You'll see a small bar that reads "Select Your Theme". Click on the arrow and highlight "V.2.0 - MOAB Ground Zero". For some reason, changing the layout of the forum eliminates the ads. It did for me, at least.

It works, but I dont like the light screen :(

Strict Nine said:
Or is everyone getting all these adds on the left side of the screen now, it sucks.

Yeahh.... not a big fan of them being squeezed in there.

Strict Nine said:

It does suck.

Crazy Feet said:
Yeah.....should make it like Kazaa......pay like a twenty-dollar flat fee and have the option of an ad-free environment.

.....cost of having MMA become mainstream, I guess...

Also, what's with this silly little yahoo! moniker that keeps poppin' up at the darnest of times???

you paid for kazaa?....what the hell

carl_winslow said:
you paid for kazaa?....what the hell

Yeah, really ^

Actually the ads that pop up between pages is the worst. The third party ads (like the monkey you have to hit with boomerang, wtf?) get stuck so I have to go back and start over again...that's really f***ing annoying

Back