Is it just a coincidence that 170 has been dominated primarily by wrestlers for many years?

The cage, itself benefits wrestling. Harder to evade takedowns with a cage behind you.

You may be right but there are still many rules that clearly favor standup yet people say the rules are biased towards wrestlers because they don't like real fighting aka Gay Hugging.

but you cant develop the type of striking paul has either.

imagine paul sayin i was knocking out good strikers after 1 year of training, why cant others do so at a high level

paul cant wreslte as good as the wrestlers for the same reason they cant strike like paul.
I’m not asking Paul to TAKE people down. We are only asking him to STOP takedowns. A way easier task to learn

I’m not asking Paul to TAKE people down. We are only asking him to STOP takedowns. A way easier task to learn
thats like asking someone to not get hit. saying dont get taken down by high level wrestlers is like saying why cant these fighters stay conscious against great strikers. its not like scrubs are taking paul down. he understands takedown defense. if its as simple as dont get taken down, then its as simple as dont get hit
You may be right but there are still many rules that clearly favor standup yet people say the rules are biased towards wrestlers because they don't like real fighting aka Gay Hugging.
i agree here. i was watching the maia fight wondering wtf the reff was doin in the first round when he separated them. it was a weird position to be in but seperating that position makes no sense at all to me.

Have to be fair, when the striking gets boring and nobody is landing or trying to, place them on the ground or against the cage.

Paul hasn’t worked hard enough. If I can get good enough to tap out purple belts in 7 months from a low level blue then he can stop takedowns
With all due respect, if you're tapping out purples in 7 months they don't deserve that level belt. Most schools these days are bullshit, handing belts out like candy. Now a days they give belts based on the amount of time you've been at a place instead of on merit. Not doubting your skills, but certainly doubting the skills of those "purple" belts your speaking of, no offense.

Rules are biased towards american wrestlers
Every round starts on the feet. Breaks in action ( cuts, point deduction ) restart you standing. If the actions is slow you get stood up. If the striking is boring they dont throw you on ground. If one fighter wants to stand it up and the other wants to stay down the ref makes you get up.

The cage, itself benefits wrestling. Harder to evade takedowns with a cage behind you.

In the same time the Cage offers defensive if you managed to get to it and use it for defense, Then we have wall walking for getting back up it can be used by all in off and def depends on the fighter and how well he can adapt it.

Its never a surprise when wrestling dominates.

With all due respect, if you're tapping out purples in 7 months they don't deserve that level belt. Most schools these days are bullshit, handing belts out like candy. Now a days they give belts based on the amount of time you've been at a place instead of on merit. Not doubting your skills, but certainly doubting the skills of those "purple" belts your speaking of, no offense.
You just don’t put the hard work in. You gotta train

here's the thing.... a wrestler would be nowhere as dominant if they could be punished with knees to the head when their opponent sprawls on their takedowns.

the rules provide wrestlers advantages in which a failed td execution doesn't come with as much danger as it should

Paul hasn’t worked hard enough. If I can get good enough to tap out purple belts in 7 months from a low level blue then he can stop takedowns

I can't wait to see you make your Octagon debut.

I'm sure you'd at least beat Phil Brooks.

It’s called lucid dreaming.

The aerage male weight around the world is 170-190lb range

After weight cutting etc this is probably the division the largest number of people will fall into

Most fighters that reach championship level have a good wrestling background, particularly in the US where it is part of the general culture

It seems reasonable that the largest pool of guys that have grown up in that background would get to the top of the division
The average 200 pound man would be 155 after getting into fight shape and cutting 15-20 pounds of water weight hence why LW is the deepest not WW.

Didn’t think GSP was considered a wrestler like the others on the list.

Maybe not but he was still the best wrestler in the division for years and used his wrestling quite often.

So technically he is not a wrestler per se as he has an excellent overall game but it was still one of his best asset and iit helped him win quite a few fights.

Back