Is it impossible to be a Liberal and Christian?

Modern liberalism is not compatible with Christian beliefs, but ultimately you have free will to chose your political affiliation.

I remember the MY father's house has many rooms passage, but it seems odd that God would arm you with treasure when your sole purpose is to eternally praise him, and especially so considering his son's views on money.
I certainly don't think the treasure in Heaven would be cash or bullion. I mean, what would be the point? I do think that there are differing levels of reward. What that looks like, who can say?

Both sides run countermand to the teachings of Jesus in very different ways. I dont see why being on either side would include or exclude one from christianity.
There's some real truth in this. But in answer to the question being asked I do believe that the current Liberal take on many social issues are directly incompatible with scripture.

Jesus said that to a very wealthy man that said he was willing to follow God, he said that he had kept all the commandments etc.

He basically thought that good deeds made you worthy of salvation when it's grace alone.

Jesus knew that and that the man treasured his wealth very much and wouldn't want to give it up.

It doesn't matter if you are poor or rich for God but if you are rich, you are more susceptible of putting your trust in money above God, a "luxury" a poor person can't.
Well put.

Your religious leanings have nothing to do with your political leanings.

There are Christian liberals and atheist conservatives.

Basing your political leanings on your religion is how shit like Sharia Law happens.
Excellent post

No.

But if you're promoting abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism, what it means to have a family and the political agenda of those issues, then you need to take a good look at your heart. Is that in line with what God would want?

Those issues are a dangerous shift away from God.

T
No.

But if you're promoting abortion, homosexuality, transgenderism, what it means to have a family and the political agenda of those issues, then you need to take a good look at your heart. Is that in line with what God would want?

There can be liberal streams like not kill or hate gays. But advocating for thr spread or gay marriage and other stuff is not Christian.

T

There can be liberal streams like not kill or hate gays. But advocating for thr spread or gay marriage and other stuff is not Christian.
It's not Christian to kill or hate gays.

Gays are not our enemy. They are the mission field for those of us who believe in Jesus Christ and his words.

Sheeeiiittt, I don't know how you can be conservative and a christian sometimes.

I was watching fox and one of those very intelligent lady said you cant be a Liberal and a Christian, is that so?. I am a Liberal and a also believe I am a Christian but is she right? I'm I only a Liberal or a Christian? If so I wouldnt know which to choose.

That's a really stupid thing to say. I mean, Steven Colbert is massively Liberal and is massively Liberal because he's a devout Catholic.

No.

There are a sizeable segment of the catholic church that try to re shape the whole concept in order to fitting into even categories that were once unfit , like gays and muslims.

an catholic group of homosexual people
1503906093030_1503906125.jpg--.jpg

a notorious priest that allow muslims to pray in his church ( he is in the first picture also) , his liberal views raises polemics .

I guess that very often a liberal christian is more a liberal then a christian .
Dunno how an american can view the question since there are hundreds of different evangelical beliefs that can be very different each others.

There are a sizeable segment of the catholic church that try to re shape the whole concept in order to fitting into even categories that were once unfit , like gays and muslims.

an catholic group of homosexual people
1503906093030_1503906125.jpg--.jpg

a notorious priest that allow muslims to pray in his church ( he is in the first picture also) , his liberal views raises polemics .

I guess that very often a liberal christian is more a liberal then a christian .
I don't know if that priest promoting sexual immorality has salvation or not, but I'm afraid his belt of salvation is dangling loosely if it's even there at all.

And as you said, liberalism seems to be his religion. Not Jesus Christ.

It's not Christian to kill or hate gays.

Gays are not our enemy. They are the mission field for those of us who believe in Jesus Christ and his words.

New testament has violence though. Revelations is apovyslptic to.

But yes the liberal Christians are not real christians. There real religion is a liberalism and its beliefs. Liberal Christianity leads eventually to no religion and secular values entirely.

Jesus was a hippie, a liberal would have more in common with him, and his teachings went very much against the established norm and thought of the time. I think what a lot of conservatives don't realize, many of whom happen to be Christians, is that were they alive at the time of Jesus they would have been on the side of the Roman establishment and traditional norms of thought. That's what conservatives do, they defend tradition, it has advantages and disadvantages. And if you read through the lines, Jesus basically advocated being a good person... the dogmatic aspects of the religion, which conservatives seem to love so much, are very unnecessary.

Your religious leanings have nothing to do with your political leanings.

There are Christian liberals and atheist conservatives.

Basing your political leanings on your religion is how shit like Sharia Law happens.

How can you state that folks religious leanings have nothing to do with their political leanings? Many folks fail to separate the too, but that doesn't always equate to Sharia Law. You might believe one shouldn't impact the other, but that's crazy to think that a conservative Christian isn't also going to behave conservatively politically in many cases. I'm sure there are those that can some how separate their Christianity from their politics, but it isn't often that easy IMO.

My wife and I have two teenagers. We're in our mid 40s and won't be having any other children. I'll admit, that I'm pro life, but probably with an asterisk. While I'm definitely not okay with abortion being used as a matter of convenience or as the result of someone not using proper birth control. My wife had a miscarriage about 20 years ago. I would definitely not be okay with my wife dying in order to give birth and would definitely want her to consider terminating the pregnancy if it meant saving her life.

How can you state that folks religious leanings have nothing to do with their political leanings? Many folks fail to separate the too, but that doesn't always equate to Sharia Law. You might believe one shouldn't impact the other, but that's crazy to think that a conservative Christian isn't also going to behave conservatively politically in many cases. I'm sure there are those that can some how separate their Christianity from their politics, but it isn't often that easy IMO.

My wife and I have two teenagers. We're in our mid 40s and won't be having any other children. I'll admit, that I'm pro life, but probably with an asterisk. While I'm definitely not okay with abortion being used as a matter of convenience or as the result of someone not using proper birth control. My wife had a miscarriage about 20 years ago. I would definitely not be okay with my wife dying in order to give birth and would definitely want her to consider terminating the pregnancy if it meant saving her life.
That's where most Christians draw the line with abortion. It's better that one person die instead of two. So if the abortion saves the life of a mother, Christians are probably 99.9% ok with it in that case.

Jesus was a hippie, a liberal would have more in common with him, and his teachings went very much against the established norm and thought of the time. I think what a lot of conservatives don't realize, many of whom happen to be Christians, is that were they alive at the time of Jesus they would have been on the side of the Roman establishment and traditional norms of thought. That's what conservatives do, they defend tradition, it has advantages and disadvantages. And if you read through the lines, Jesus basically advocated being a good person... the dogmatic aspects of the religion, which conservatives seem to love so much, are very unnecessary.

The whole "Jesus was a hippie" argument is so old . . . hippies didn't hangout with each and every type of person society looked/looks down upon. Hippies aren't out healing the sick. Hippies aren't out preaching salvation and repentance. The only thing a hippie has in common with Jesus is that some of them push a message of love and treating people like they would like to be treated. That is it. Jesus recognized that many of the laws of the time were necessary, but he also knew that they forced folks to concentrate on meeting the letter of the law and they lost focus on Him.

Saying "Jesus basically advocated being a good person" is such a copout. He requires more of us than to just be a good person . . .

The whole "Jesus was a hippie" argument is so old . . . hippies didn't hangout with each and every type of person society looked/looks down upon. Hippies aren't out healing the sick. Hippies aren't out preaching salvation and repentance. The only thing a hippie has in common with Jesus is that some of them push a message of love and treating people like they would like to be treated. That is it. Jesus recognized that many of the laws of the time were necessary, but he also knew that they forced folks to concentrate on meeting the letter of the law and they lost focus on Him.

Saying "Jesus basically advocated being a good person" is such a copout. He requires more of us than to just be a good person . . .
Hippies will preach do what feels good, do what makes you happy.

That was not the message of Jesus Christ.

Back