Is it ever ok for Civilians to Fight/Shoot @ Police Officers, who are a danger to society?

As far as fighting the police, better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.

As the good ol' boys of America say: Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

That particular concept cpuld be used to justify both action and inaction in this scenario.

It's not justifiable because we need the institution. It's the same reason it's wrong to kill the president. It's not that it's totally wrong to kill a bad president- it has a lot of good points going for it- but it's wrong to attack the institution of the government. There are plenty of cops, politicians, etc. that have done enough harm to deserve death. One bad mayor does far more damage to society than one cold-blooded murder. Why shouldn't he die? Well, there isn't a good argument for him personally. He does deserve to die. But we don't deserve to destroy our institutions. We don't deserve lynch mobs and assassins and chaos. We deserve an ordered and just society that recognizes institutions that we all benefit from. In other words, you shouldn't kill cops because it's uncivilized.

It is lawful to resist wrongful arrest.

FALSE. It is lawful to resist an arrest that involves an unnecessary level of force. Wrongful arrest, whether in good faith or not, is not legally grounds for violent resistance.

it would take some seriously corrupt cop trying to kill my family for me to even think its reasonable

Ideally, you should be able to defend yourself and protect others who are preyed upon by the police. As it is, you have to let them harass, injure, molest and kill before you can take any action against them, and even then it's a lawsuit that rarely goes anywhere.

I'd much prefer that people who are capable of doing so, should be able to neutralize the danger that police pose then and there, even acting pre-emptively to send them to hell before they even begin to harm anyone.

One of my favorite Diaz moments and perfectly placed as well.

Came in here to say this. That's a perfect reason to blow a cop away and yet the poor bastard still spent two years in jail.
And is free now likely to sue

This video got me thinking....this cop was way out of line but if the civilian had a gun permit and carried a gun....Was he justified to shoot him?

The Cop was clearly being overly aggressive and danger to that man's live. I think he was justified to shoot at him or at the very least fight back.

Also take a look at this video...If a civilian saw a cop assaulting a person like this...Should he/she intervene? This is literally the equivalent of watching a criminal assault somebody...If you saw a criminal do that, I think a lot of brave people will attack the criminal, and they would be seem as heroes.

Or how about if a Cop just starts fighting you?..Does this justify, shooting a cop if you had a gun permit/gun?

So is it ever justified for a Civilian to stand up and fight back/shoot @ out of line police officers?

I understand that under the rule of law, its not ok since the courts, always side with the police officers, no matter how wrong they are...But Im talking more about was is morally right, shouldn't a person stand up for themselves?

Or should civilians just let Cops be out of line and ruin their lives?

tumblr_mvf054wqnY1s05gn9o6_400.gif

tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o1_r2_500.gif
tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o2_r1_500.gif
2-Training-Day-quotes.gif

BTW I am not saying to shoot random cops...Im clearly talking about cops who are an immediate danger to once life.

P.S. Has there ever been a case, where a civilian either fought a cop/shot at a cop who was out of line and the courts sided with the civilian?

There is a saying: It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Usually, if you comply with all of a police officer's instructions, he/she won't kill you. There are millions of interactions law enforcement has with citizens every year and deaths are rare (even though they get plenty of media coverage). That said, if a police officer is violating the law and putting your life in danger, I don't see why you wouldn't be justified in defending your own life.

Good, he should put that department through the wringer for what they did to him. No knock raids are BS.
Yeah he should. To be fair the police on scene did what they were told, so the officers shouldn't be penalized. The department or whomever made the policy should be used and the state owes him handsomely for his time

Yeah he should. To be fair the police on scene did what they were told, so the officers shouldn't be penalized. The department or whomever made the policy should be used and the state owes him handsomely for his time
The penalty for those specific officers was getting shot at, no need to go after them any further. Like I said, its the department as a whole that should get fucked for using these tactics.

This video got me thinking....this cop was way out of line but if the civilian had a gun permit and carried a gun....Was he justified to shoot him?

The Cop was clearly being overly aggressive and danger to that man's live. I think he was justified to shoot at him or at the very least fight back.

Also take a look at this video...If a civilian saw a cop assaulting a person like this...Should he/she intervene? This is literally the equivalent of watching a criminal assault somebody...If you saw a criminal do that, I think a lot of brave people will attack the criminal, and they would be seem as heroes.

Or how about if a Cop just starts fighting you?..Does this justify, shooting a cop if you had a gun permit/gun?

So is it ever justified for a Civilian to stand up and fight back/shoot @ out of line police officers?

I understand that under the rule of law, its not ok since the courts, always side with the police officers, no matter how wrong they are...But Im talking more about was is morally right, shouldn't a person stand up for themselves?

Or should civilians just let Cops be out of line and ruin their lives?

tumblr_mvf054wqnY1s05gn9o6_400.gif

tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o1_r2_500.gif
tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o2_r1_500.gif
2-Training-Day-quotes.gif

BTW I am not saying to shoot random cops...Im clearly talking about cops who are an immediate danger to once life.

P.S. Has there ever been a case, where a civilian either fought a cop/shot at a cop who was out of line and the courts sided with the civilian?

100% agree. It is going to happen. Someone is going to shoot a cop, and make a legal defense that they feared for their life, due to other police actions, and the media's coverage of it.

Fortunately in this one case, our courts have become kangaroo courts, so the legal argument that is sound will be rejected, because of the danger of this legal precedence.

We need a secondary force to call on the police when they over step their bounds. Maybe an anti-police force.

The police are literally the biggest gang in the US. They are above the law and prone to disproportionate use of force. If you choose to defend yourself against them it is tantamount to suicide.

WAsnt there a deputy and his ride along shot and killed serving a warrant in some southern town and no charges were filed because the occupants thought they were "under attack?" Then they even used pictures of the bodies on a billboard in their yard to ward off future attempts.

Lmao the prosecution couldn't prove the deputy didn't shoot first and both dudes were acquitted for a double homicide :confused:

The police are literally the biggest gang in the US. They are above the law and prone to disproportionate use of force. If you choose to defend yourself against them it is tantamount to suicide.

US police and the dozens of 'law enforcement agencies' are brutal and out of control.

Back