Is Hunto the only non-mixed MMArtist left?

Brock is arguably less well-rounded that Hunt and beat him. And before we get into PED excuses, remember Hunt fought tons of other PED users in K-1, Pride and the UFC. Askren is probably less well rounded as well.

There's really no one left that's not "mixed," though. Brock has a win by submission and a KO. Kimbo Slice submitted someone (admittedly, it was a pure boxer). Even going back to the 90s, Tank Abbott won some fights via neck cranks.

I love Hunt-o, but he's def nearing the end of his run.

because grappling is 2 dimensions out of the possible 3 in fighting. clinch and the ground

Striking also involves clinch work. See Anderson and Wanderlei Silva.

Brock is arguably less well-rounded that Hunt and beat him. And before we get into PED excuses, remember Hunt fought tons of other PED users in K-1, Pride and the UFC. Askren is probably less well rounded as well.

There's really no one left that's not "mixed," though. Brock has a win by submission and a KO. Kimbo Slice submitted someone (admittedly, it was a pure boxer). Even going back to the 90s, Tank Abbott won some fights via neck cranks.

More the style matchup there I would say, less well rounded striker vs less well rounded wrestler favours the latter as we've always seen in MMA.

Age is a significant factor as well though and PEDs come in there, Hunt was gassed in that fight abd Brock was fresh thoughout.

What about that hall guy bj is fighting . Does he have any standup in his game ? Don't know much about him other then he's pretty good on the ground

Hunt is the only (mostly) one dimensional MMA guy? Is that right? I beg to differ
View attachment 436899
lesnarherring.gif

Mark Hunt is a MMA fighter and has been fighting in MMA for 14 years now.

Hunt's a legend for sure, but "K1-level " strikers have always been overrated. Proof is, he was KOed by Werdum who is a BJJ guy.

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BKnees%2Band%2BFinishes%2BMark%2BHunt%2BUFC%2B180.gif
You really must be joking.

Werdum faked a TAKEDOWN to achieve that flying knee,something that would never happen in a kickboxing fight. You know,MMA variables like this occur ALL THE TIME. Not sure if you noticed. Do you remember most of this fight where Werdum was desperatley trying to avoid exchanging on the feet with Hunt?

Every other fighter in HW is still like that. The division is pure crap. Just full of big sluggers.

fixed fight, his whole body language was hilarious after fight.

BJJ brown belt takes way longer to get than black belt in any other martial art that I know of. Btw, how many posts do I need to make to be able to start threads?

Back