Is Hunto the only non-mixed MMArtist left?

This is the guy who almost submitted yout GOAT Fedor, and today he's light years ahead of what he was on the matt in Pride FC. It's a bit sad.

Why is it always strikers who get shit on for being one dimensional? Khabib is almost strictly sambo. His striking is pathetic.
because grappling is 2 dimensions out of the possible 3 in fighting. clinch and the ground

Hunt almost broke Fedor's arm with an americana. His grappling is alright.

Unmotivated Hunto choked out by Russian. Move on.

He's a cult favourite, I get it. He's a great guy, I get it. He comes to fight, I get it.

With all that positive stuff said, it is nothing short of embarrassing how bad Mark Hunt's grappling is. Don't get me wrong Oleynik is a pretty darn good grappler and when he gets a hold of you it is safe to say that you're in some trouble. Even with that being the case, I'm sick of watching rudimentary grappling skill from a man who's been in the sport with a chance to learn and improve for 10+ years.

The Stipe fight showed it, Lesnar and Blaydes too, this guy has no idea what he's doing at times.

The same way that I'm embarrassed to see people call Roy Nelson a serious fighter, when we all know that he chose hamburgers over his success. Did you see Mark's face when he tapped, he genuinely couldn't give 2 fucks about wins and losses at this stage, he's just there for the paycheck.

Give him some credit. His wrestling defense and sub defense have come a long way since his stint in Pride. He worked his up the ladder and stayed fighting top guys for a while before what appears to be his final decline.

Hunt's a legend for sure, but "K1-level " strikers have always been overrated. Proof is, he was KOed by Werdum who is a BJJ guy.

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BKnees%2Band%2BFinishes%2BMark%2BHunt%2BUFC%2B180.gif

Hunt is very loved around here but he’s always been a middle of the pack guy. .500 MMA record, 8-7 UFC record, lacks grappling, and heavily relies on his chin to get him through many fights. He never improved his game to the point where he could make a legit title run.

Hunt's a legend for sure, but "K1-level " strikers have always been overrated. Proof is, he was KOed by Werdum who is a BJJ guy.

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BKnees%2Band%2BFinishes%2BMark%2BHunt%2BUFC%2B180.gif
Werdum looked down to fake the level change, Hunt reacted and Werdum threw the knee.

Quite beautiful actually.

Werdum also badly wobbled not at sea level Cain with a knee and also Overeem.

You fools forget that in the UFC-180 fight, for which he had to make a big crazy short notice weight cut and fight in Mexico City against an opponent who had been acclimatizing for months, he also effortlessly survived in the guard of Werdum - at that time considered the #1 HW grappler - for prolonged periods.

Same with the Struve fight. Struve had like 17 sub wins going into that fight and Hunto had zero trouble on the ground with him.

Only a witless buffoon would embarrass themselves by claiming his grappling is inept.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No shame in getting submitted by Oleynik.

Seriously what do people expect of Hunt nowadays ?
He is just doing his " farewell tour " yes, but he deserves it.
Guy is fucking 44 years old !!

Only things he has left are his punching power and a good chin ( even if it's far from what it used to be )..
He is basically an " old battlehorse " like he himself says, riding into the sunset on the road to retirement while taking his last fights and checks..

Kick rocks pal hunts a legend

872C64F6-8BAC-4268-9808-E8D83A283C3B.gif

If you think THAT'S embarrassing you should see his social media posts, amirite!?

People are starting to get pretty silly now. Hunt got subbed by a guy who has subbed over 40 people in his career. He tapped Cro Cop and Travis Browne as well. Oleksiy is just really good at submissions. Hunt was able to defend lots of subs in his first MMA fight against an Olympian in Judo, so stop pretending like he doesn't have a ground game.

Back