Is hipster/emo rap a thing now ?

So i have to admit i havent been into rap since the early 2000s ( i still listen to the old stuff though ) so i might sound like an old fart complaining. Heres the thing , a couple of days ago some rapper called xxxtentaction got murdered. It hit the news and that in turn led me down a path of exploration . What i discovered left me dumbfound . Apparently these people are popular now :
pete-davidson-lil-pump

The music is just as horrible as you would expect from looking at these pictures . So from a Norwegian to an American , what the hell is going on ? Is soy-boy rap a thing in the states now ?
Isn’t this Pete Davidson from SNL?

I did. Not much though

XXXtension had a lot of hype behind him for a reason tbh, Travis Barker was on recently calling the stuff he was working on a gamechanger. He was, as I said before, really just a goth kid but he was a legit artist. He offended a buuuunch of people with the video of the little white kid being hung but I understood his point.

6ix9ine has a lot of fans because his beats are really good, and he makes shallow bangers and his troll game is on point. The dude is a trainwreck though but he has some balls on him, they told him he wasn't allowed in LA and he showed up to spite them. He insulted Chief Keef and Keef ended up getting shot at when he went to NYC, then 6ix9ine went to Chicago to troll them.

Back