Is hipster/emo rap a thing now ?

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So i have to admit i havent been into rap since the early 2000s ( i still listen to the old stuff though ) so i might sound like an old fart complaining. Heres the thing , a couple of days ago some rapper called xxxtentaction got murdered. It hit the news and that in turn led me down a path of exploration . What i discovered left me dumbfound . Apparently these people are popular now :

xxxtentaction.jpg

efa3be281c546a1ebe65770ecf9a6463.jpg

pete-davidson-lil-pump

The music is just as horrible as you would expect from looking at these pictures . So from a Norwegian to an American , what the hell is going on ? Is soy-boy rap a thing in the states now ?

Yeah, you never of that guy... Kanye West

It's a fucking joke. Rap jumped the shark after 2000. Seriously, these clowns would have got the shit beat out of them back in the day. Rap used to mean something. They were trying to say something, regardless if you agreed or disagreed.

Like F the Police was trying to say something meaningful about society. Public Enemy were expressing their opinions about how blacks are treated. This shit is just straight POP music that they happen to rap on. It's sad, because I loved rap growing up. It's a fucking joke. Word up!

Part of a conspiracy to feminize African American men.

rappers are always late to the party., they copy what rock did 10 years ago.

rockstars wore skinny jeans and dressed up like chicks first

rockstars died their hair retarded colors and rapped about ego edgy shit first.

Part of a conspiracy to feminize African American men.
Good luck with that. Blacks have test to spare. You cut their levels in half and they are still more manly than most white guys.

And hipster rap was like a thing 10 years ago when Kanye was at his peak and guys like Kid Cudi was doing songs with MGMT.

Good luck with that. Blacks have test to spare. You cut their levels in half and they are still more manly than most white guys.

And hipster rap was like a thing 10 years ago when Kanye was at his peak and guys like Kid Cudi was doing songs with MGMT.
Ok? All conspiracies start somewhere. Turn a blind eye to it today, wake up in a dress tomorrow.

It's like that Conan O'Brien skit where they make a digital composite of two celebrities to predict what their offspring would look like.

Can't be easy being a GenZ minority. When you're racked between the glorification of two worlds: gangsters and snowflakes.

I mean... nu-metal incorporated a lot of rap elements. XXXtension was basically a goth kid who rapped. 6ix9ine doesn't make emo music, his stuff is mostly about fucking your bitch and shooting you lol.

Soundcloud rappers are a weird breed, but they appeal to the younger audience for sure. I'm not really a fan of anyone on the XXL Freshman list besides Ski Mask the Slump God.

Wel sure but by looking like he does it comes out almost ironic, hes not exactly 2000 DMX

Yeah I get you, what's crazy though is NYC Crips and Bloods both fuck with him and he's had members of both gangs show up to his video shoots.

His music is good hype music though. That's all I see it as.

The guy in the first pic has little in common with the douche bags in the second, style wise.

I'm not certain you actually listened to any of those guys.

I think I nailed it when I called them the hoobastank of hip hop. And I liked hoobastank

So i have to admit i havent been into rap since the early 2000s ( i still listen to the old stuff though ) so i might sound like an old fart complaining. Heres the thing , a couple of days ago some rapper called xxxtentaction got murdered. It hit the news and that in turn led me down a path of exploration . What i discovered left me dumbfound . Apparently these people are popular now :

xxxtentaction.jpg

efa3be281c546a1ebe65770ecf9a6463.jpg

pete-davidson-lil-pump

The music is just as horrible as you would expect from looking at these pictures . So from a Norwegian to an American , what the hell is going on ? Is soy-boy rap a thing in the states now ?

So who are they?

Back