Is Henry Cejudo - Mighty mouse the next Hughes - GSP

screaminleeman

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Did anyone else get the feeling that we are seeing the Hughes-GSP situation play out.
Back in the day, Matt Hughes was universally recognized as the WW Goat. He tore through the division impressively submitting a green GSP and making it look simple.
As it played out GSP budded into what he is today by taking the torch from the GOAT to be the GOAT taking the second and third fights.

Henry came in green, and got tooled by a vastly more experienced fighter in DJ. He has come lightyears since their first fight to even the score, and now holds the belt. Will we see him dominate in the third to put an exclamation point on the passing of the FLW torch?

I wondered that but I doubt it. Seems more scored the second fight for DJ than Cejudo whereas GSP decisively finished Hughes twice in the rematches. I think a closer example would be Cruz vs Faber but even thats not too close either.

I don't see Cejudo going on a incredible run like DJ did. I just don't.

Superman punch
Perfect level change from Hughes
GSP still stuffs
Bam takedown

GSP is the GOAT

serveimage

Hughes and Trigg except both fighters were able to get a win.

Come on man with that join date I expect better from you

I'm not mad at the comparison.

Cejudo ain't gonna be no GSP doe.

Not even close. GSP destroyed Hughes in their 2nd and 3rd fights and didn't get destroyed in their first fight.

Henry got destroyed in the first fight and won a highly contentious decision in the 2nd fight. Mighty Mouse will probably still be betting favorite in a 3rd fight.

Plus Hughes was getting old and started sliding out of the title picture after he lost to GSP twice. It is really hard to believe that Mighty Mouse is going to start a losing streak now.

If the injuries DJ sustained are legit, he’s gonna mop Cejudo in the rubber match barring more injuries. Cejudo has improved a lot but I think DJ was off because of the broken foot and LCL.

Okay, GSP dominated Hughes in the second fight, Cejudo won by the skin of his teeth in the second fight.

NO comparison and the fact that TS tried to make one is idiotic.

Come on man with that join date I expect better from you
I am sorry. I can't lie, I am the single most "under-appreciative" fan of MM possible. Pure VENOM.

I was NEVER more excited than for the UFC FLW inauguration. 100% honest, One arithmetic error later, and I simply refused to acknowledge the strap.

I am not going to argue the point as to whether the simple math required for tallying a scorecard was truly "an accidental mistake" or not.

I now feel free to consider myself a fan of the male FLW division.

Did anyone else get the feeling that we are seeing the Hughes-GSP situation play out.
Back in the day, Matt Hughes was universally recognized as the WW Goat. He tore through the division impressively submitting a green GSP and making it look simple.
As it played out GSP budded into what he is today by taking the torch from the GOAT to be the GOAT taking the second and third fights.

Henry came in green, and got tooled by a vastly more experienced fighter in DJ. He has come lightyears since their first fight to even the score, and now holds the belt. Will we see him dominate in the third to put an exclamation point on the passing of the FLW torch?
it´s actually a BJ vs No Rush situation... Cejudo "won" the 2nd fight jus like No Rush won the 1st: with TDs and L&P.

Not even close.

Demetrious is twice the fighter that Henry is, he lost the fight out of absolute fear of being taken down after it happened in Round 4.

If he turned up the heat he could have nicked Round 5 and could have secured Round 2 with more aplomb.

I don't know but I most definitely think Demetrius did not deserve to lose his title Saturday night.....bad decision, imo and I was rooting for Cejudo. DJ clapping his hands was stunning to me and has too much too class to a fault. Cejudo fought a smart fight but really didn't do enough to win that title- just one man's opinion .

it´s actually a BJ vs No Rush situation... Cejudo "won" the 2nd fight jus like No Rush won the 1st: with TDs and L&P.
Hard to take your post seriously when you're refering to GSP as "No Rush".

<{clintugh}>

Mighty Mouse is like Ronda Rousey. He made a career out of beating bums in a weak division.

Finally somebody realized all they had to do was Lay & Gay for 5 rounds.

The bigger question is do we care?

I have no interest in seeing tiny guys fight. MM is the lowest drawing UFC champ historically (and that's saying something when you have stinkers like Woodley holding a belt)

The inference here is that low ratings equal universally low interest

When both fighters can hide behind a ref at the same time..

Please don't compare them to Hughes and gsp ugh .....

Back