Is Gus the baddest LHW on the planet...

DC - may not ever fight at LHW again
Rumble - retired
Jones - may never fight again

It is possible he is the best LHW that is left. Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Oezdemir might be the only ones who have a chance to beat him.

The guy is 0-3 against the top 3 LHWs of his generation. So, no.

I do respect Gus a fighter though. He gave Jon Jones everything he could handle and challenged Cormier as well. Winning and losing matters, but how you win and lose matters as well.

DC - may not ever fight at LHW again
Rumble - retired
Jones - may never fight again

It is possible he is the best LHW that is left. Ryan Bader, Phil Davis, Oezdemir might be the only ones who have a chance to beat him.
If you can't beat them, outlast them.

He will be on Rogan's podcast tomorrow so I assume he's going to announce his next fight or future plans.
Ok thnx, i know he wanted a fight earlier tho. He only fights once a year so i i forget about him.

Gus is a great fighter but the American POC league all whooped his ass.
Sorry Sweden, 4th place is still pretty good. :)

Last edited:
No.

xr1FtcwONj3cWDBuKTogU8tRgjtq0mG0I84pgt6z29JcfP5cmfH9T3666F08jrDcwDVZKVABau-FQO1Ii2X_gaS9fAwevDHv6kU=w320-h180-nc

Is Gus even on this planet anymore? I think he's on planet injury with Little Nog and Cain

Nah he's pretty good, except when he does that turning his back and running away to reset thing, that doesn't look too good on him to be honest.

Nah the guy that beat him up is

Hint
It's jones

His best win his no knees Shogun.

i wonder if those picking dc over gus would be saying the same thing if the judges gave gus the decison. the fight was close enough where it could have gone either way. dc also convingly lost to a guy twice, once a finish; whereas gus lost a decision to that same person that was heavily scrutinized.

anyway, i think jj HAS to get that title of baddest lhw on the planet, even tho lhw is a shit show atm

He’s lost to four different LHW. Three modern day LHW. So unless I’m missing something here. It’s a totally ridiculous question.

Only one of them is still currently active in the UFC. But that’s not the question. And that guy likely beats Alex right now, anyway. So the answer is still no.

His most significant accomplishments:
-Got a title shot against Jones because he was cut in practice and avoided fighting Mousasi for the title elimination bout
-Lost against Jones
-KTFO by Johnson, but got title shot against Cormier anyway
-Lost against Cormier

Nope

Jbj did more bad stuff like DUI, hit and run, cocaine, steroids, eyepokes on purpose; etc etc

Jbj is the baddest lhw

Back