Is GSP the Lance Armstrong of MMA?

I mean I don't give a shit about cycling but at the time it was cool as an American that Lance was doing his thing.

It was also cool watching Barry Bonds crushing home runs. At the time I didn't really think there was anything shady going on.

I'm really not trying to make this a direct attack on GSP. More so focused on how he's viewed by MMA fans. Not saying he isn't accused of juicing but a ton of people are GSP nut huggers and view him as GOAT when there's some circumstantial evidence that he skirted the rules so to speak.

Lol at anyone who thought Lance was clean. Pretty sure the only reason that some even had doubts was because it was the French that called him out.
Wasn't it that Irish journalist that started calling lance out?

Wasn't it that Irish journalist that started calling lance out?
The first reports may have been from an Irish reporter, I'm not sure. But the French press was all over him for years while he was winning the Tour de France every year. It was right in the middle of Canseco calling out all of baseball. Somehow Canseco was believable, but everyone still wanted to stick their head in the sand and defend Armstrong (as he dominated the most doped out 'sport' in the world).

GSP did VADA, Hendricks did NADA.

GSP hasn't even tested positive yet and who knows if he ever will? So no I would say he isn't right at this moment.

The old "guilty until proven innocent". The fact is that nobody knows what he was or was not doing. I say stop making incriminating threads with no evidence to support them. I can't say for sure what he has done so I will keep my mouth shut until there is actual evidence to support it.

I was naive or ignorant but when Anderson failed a drug test, my last illusion of a clean sport was shattered like Vera's face thanks to Bones' elbows.

So if you defend an American fighter we can ignore you because you're from the US then.

Americans arent's absurdly nationalistic like Canadians are. You will find tons of American fans who hate Cormier, Jones, Mighty Mouse, etc.. but the Canadians always gotta stick their guys. Here you are again.

Fight now under USADA standards and put the suspicion to bed

Americans arent's absurdly nationalistic like Canadians are. You will find tons of American fans who hate Cormier, Jones, Mighty Mouse, etc.. but the Canadians always gotta stick their guys. Here you are again.
I cheer for guys from all over the world. I am standing up for GSP not because he is Canadian, but because he has never failed a single test and yet a bunch of clowns keep bashing. I would do the same thing for any US or Brazilian fighter accused with no proof.

I cheer for guys from all over the world. I am standing up for GSP not because he is Canadian, but because he has never failed a single test and yet a bunch of clowns keep bashing. I would do the same thing for any US or Brazilian fighter accused with no proof.

Well I think it is because he is Canadian. So it is my word against yours. I'm not an idiot. I see what a chip on their shoulder Canadians have because they are a country without accomplishment in anything. So you must grip onto the smallest Canadian thing you can hold close to your heart.

Well I think it is because he is Canadian. So it is my word against yours. I'm not an idiot. I see what a chip on their shoulder Canadians have because they are a country without accomplishment in anything. So you must grip onto the smallest Canadian thing you can hold close to your heart.
With a name like JonesBones your opinion on PEDs don't mean shit.

GSP is already tainted. It's unbelievable how so many MMA fans just ignore the fact that he greased. He got caught red handed by the referee, and people still act like nothing happened.

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if GSP was on the juice, but that saga was suspicious for Hendricks. GSP asked for extra testing through VADA to meet WADA standards and Hendricks' response was to pretend he didn't know what WADA was or what they did. When he started saying 'why don't we just get WADA to do the testing' when it had literally just been explained to him that WADA doesn't do the testing, they set the standards, any doubts I had about his PED status were done.

Not really

The whole issue was Hendricks didn't like the idea of entity that seems to be associated with gsp testing him. Instead he proposed wada standard testing overseen by an athletic commission.

Athletic commission agreed n that's when gsp n his team started playing games n act all weird.

GSP is already tainted. It's unbelievable how so many MMA fans just ignore the fact that he greased. He got caught red handed by the referee, and people still act like nothing happened.

This is really what caused me to start the thread. He was caught doing this. The juicing speculation will always be there but he gave himself a big advantage from the Vaseline. Although it's talked about in my opinion it's not viewed seriously enough as cheating. For whatever reason.

Why would he go fight in a cage against dozens of violent juiceheads without using something to protect himself?

The first reports may have been from an Irish reporter, I'm not sure. But the French press was all over him for years while he was winning the Tour de France every year. It was right in the middle of Canseco calling out all of baseball. Somehow Canseco was believable, but everyone still wanted to stick their head in the sand and defend Armstrong (as he dominated the most doped out 'sport' in the world).
Everyone else was doping in cycling too. The only reason they got Lance was because the government had no evidence, but told the team they were going to screw their lives over unless they rolled. Every top cyclist of that time would be outed if the same happened to them.

Back